We were all new here once

I too have been lurking forever with the occasional reply here and there but still consider myself new as I have been getting into free hand sharpening and now I am trying to electro etch.... Anyway hello fellow knife enthusiasts :)

another newbie here..... have a couple of knives.... everyday carry is a boker two blade.... also couple of others folding blades. My prize though is a KaBar little finn that my dad had. I also have a smaller version a friend gave me. Both need handles replaced. Looking for someone who can replace the leather handles on these.
I also just bought a harbor freight 1x30 sander.... with plans to simply fine tune and hone/sharpen blades. I used to do some wood carving and with pending retirement, may bet back into that. So this may well be another site i'll sneak into and snoop!!!
thanks!

Hello from Salt Lake City. Knife addict and new member here (where have I been all my life?).
Massive forum! I’ll be poking and lurking around for a couple of months. I’ll be posting pics soon enough!
-Matt

Hello fellow blade people,

Just joined the forum although I find myself here often in search of answers to my knife questions. I joined today to make a post about my new 940-2 which I’ll be posting soon.

Ben

Hello all, 'nother newbie on the block, been lurking and poking around for a while. I came here with some knifey curiosity, a healthy dose of axery/hatchetry interest, a whole toolbox of dumb questions and questionable ideas. I do search for answers before posting questions, so be gentle as the obvious answer might not be exactly what I'm asking about, and sometimes ask outlandish questions simply to get an idea of what the outside boundaries/capabilities of something is/are to get a better idea where the sweet spot is. Confused yet? Me too. :D

Hello from Wroclaw, Poland. I'm not particularly new in the topic - I've been into knives for the last few years, have a small collection of about 100 pieces - but only recently, due to my emerging interest in traditional American pocket knives I've discovered this forum. Happy to be here.

New from MI. I’ve carried a knife everyday since I can remember, but didn’t realize the love I have for them until late in life. I’m 42 now, and came here to find a maker for a traditional knife. Found many and commissioned one from Todd Davison.

I couldn’t leave, and now I’m afraid I am addicted.

I’m 61 years old and also a newbie here. My son recently converted me from a gun nut to a knife nut. I’ve whittled my gun collection down to 6 and my knife collection to 15. I’ve bought and sold and kept my favorites. I sent my son down a dark road when I bought him an Inkosi for his birthday a few years back. But we still enjoy our $200 knives. Every time I buy a knife I think it’ll be the last one; that I’ve already found my grails. Yesterday my son asked me if I was going to buy a CR Inkosi tanto. Doh!
Anyway, for decades I was completely out of touch regarding the advances made with folding knives (and flashlights). Amazing! So what am I really trying to say? It’s great being here.

Hello from California. I've lurked around for a long time but never had anything to contribute. Before that changes, I swear I'll use the search function first!

That's what they all say. ;) Actually the search function can be a little intimidating and at the very least, frustrating. At least until you learn how not to do a search with a billion possible answers. I learned to eliminate the most obvious wrong answers by how I phrased the search. I also did a lot of google slash BFC searches using Google's search engine.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, you say you lurked a long time, just curious what your definition of long was. Like I said, welcome to the forums and I look forward to seein' you post. I need to lurk less and contribute more myself.

That's what they all say. ;) Actually the search function can be a little intimidating and at the very least, frustrating. At least until you learn how not to do a search with a billion possible answers. I learned to eliminate the most obvious wrong answers by how I phrased the search. I also did a lot of google slash BFC searches using Google's search engine.

Thanks! Though I will admit to killing hours just reading away on a generic subject that catches my interest.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, you say you lurked a long time, just curious what your definition of long was. Like I said, welcome to the forums and I look forward to seein' you post. I need to lurk less and contribute more myself.

I posted a couple of times in 2011 and then nothing until now. I'm hoping to take some of my purchases since then out to the woods and do some mini-reviews.

Good reviews are always appreciated. Don’t forget to google your review subject to see what everyone else is sayin’ on the subject. Also might help to focus your review on the things
The members are more curious about. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Though I will admit to killing 8hours just reading away on a generic subject that catches my interest.

I posted a couple of times in 2011 and then nothing until now. I'm hoping to take some of my purchases since then out to the woods and do some mini-reviews.

Thought I recognized the style. ;)

Hello everyone! I am a new member and a bit obsessive about knives. I have been lurking long enough that it felt wrong that I was not a member so I pulled the trigger. I hope to be of some contribution going forward. I have about 40 knives in my collection. I tend to gravitate towards Spyderco and Benchmade but I am checking the "
EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?" thread daily for new inspiration. There are some truly beautiful works of art posted there.

Thanks for a great forum!

Back