We were all new here once

I'm new and one of the only things I wud kindly like to ask from anyone who will listen all I ask is if us new people need to know how things work around here if u can tell us if we ask for help, I never been apart of a forum but being apart of the live makes me think this is a good place to

I'm new to the forum and fairly new into knife collecting. The Buck Ranger is a great knife. I just added the newer Ranger Pro (nickel bolsters G10 handle S30V steel ) and couldn't be happier. I liked it so much I ordered a custom direct from the factory.
Welcome. You should check out the Buck Sub forum if you haven't already.

I'm new and one of the only things I wud kindly like to ask from anyone who will listen all I ask is if us new people need to know how things work around here if u can tell us if we ask for help, I never been apart of a forum but being apart of the live makes me think this is a good place to
Welcome Markisbear.

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes newbies don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach newbies a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.
Couldn't agree more.So far the only interactions I've had have been positive and helpful,on this forum anyway.
People do seem to forget that we are all here to share something we have in common,not to be jumped on and insulted by the "experts".

I'm fairly new, really enjoying the threads and already bought a Roadie and Dogtag so this will only exacerbate my addiction ;)

Glad to be here.

Hi Royalholic, lots of reading and knowledge here. It will take self control.
Something I haven’t been done well at. :)

ED979DCA-8629-4D94-B276-7D032D4938AC.jpeg
I guess I am the latest addition to this forum, hoping that I will be able to determine which type of knife to get in the future. Thank you for letting me join this community.
Welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

These are my latest.

I'm new on this forum but have been collecting Sheffield knives for the last 30 years, now I'm past 50 I've been re evaluating and selling some of them off. I've only just realised what a huge number of knife collectors there are.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who's into sharp and pointy things.

I'm new on this forum but have been collecting Sheffield knives for the last 30 years, now I'm past 50 I've been re evaluating and selling some of them off. I've only just realised what a huge number of knife collectors there are.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who's into sharp and pointy things.
Welcome.
Anything Sheffield or do you have a particular interest.

I like folding knives, with me it's about hunting for the ones in good condition unless it's particularly unusual. I also go for the odd ones, like where two companies are merging and you'll get a knife with both makers marks, or even older factory seconds (which are usually absolutely mint.)
I'm not into military stuff other than the occasional Martindale, I do however also have more axes than would be considered normal or healthy.

As a newbie, I feel proud to see this thread. The stuff is right here and gives a fantastic suggestion according to our needs. Thanks for creating such a beautiful read.

Back