We were all new here once

Hello everyone. Been reading through the threads and seem to be a lot of knowledge here. I'm new to forums but started making my own knives and looking forward to sharing my passion with you all.

Hi everyone! Speaking of being brand new, I've been lurking a few threads but haven't posted yet. I was wondering if I could get a crash course in attaching images. Typically when I want to do that I can select a file from my computer, but on this site it's asking for a URL. Are you required to upload your pictures to a 3rd party site before you can post them here?

Welcome our new members, I’m sure you have some idea about BF, nice place.
Aryan

Hi everyone! Speaking of being brand new, I've been lurking a few threads but haven't posted yet. I was wondering if I could get a crash course in attaching images. Typically when I want to do that I can select a file from my computer, but on this site it's asking for a URL. Are you required to upload your pictures to a 3rd party site before you can post them here?

Also a newbie, but longtime lurker. Decided to join, hope to have many interesting discussions with you.
English is not my native language so please forgive the mistakes.

Best regards!

"New" old guy here...I've had a lifelong "intense interest" in knives. I see one, and I want it. It's that simple. I have a very modest collection. Some stay, some go, but I am always attracted to knives.

Is there a place on this forum to ask really, really noob questions without acquiring a new bodily orifice?

Welcome New Members :thumbsup:
Aryan

Long time lurker but finely decided to join. Happy I did! Really into all knives but traditional slip joints are my favorite.

"New" old guy here...I've had a lifelong "intense interest" in knives. I see one, and I want it. It's that simple. I have a very modest collection. Some stay, some go, but I am always attracted to knives.

Is there a place on this forum to ask really, really noob questions without acquiring a new bodily orifice?

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes newbies don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach newbies a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes newbies don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach newbies a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.
Today is my first day/evening here.
I hope to learn much!

Just joined the forums today. I have been collecting knives for over 40 years and look forward to seeing what others here have and showing off some of the things I have accumulated over the years.
Welcome to BF, you sure did come to the right place. Looking forward to see your collection, it sure is addictive and fun, all at the same time.

If you plan on posting pictures, look through this link as there is a ton of information on how to do it here on BF.

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/tech-support-general-q-a-site-feedback-more.679/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-do-i-post-pictures-from-a.1394713/

Going through this $#!+ On half if my posts right now. I've tried several times to become a part of this forum but damn it's exhausting.

I have a question.

Is there a catch-all thread for help identifying a knife? I don't want to clutter up the place with a new thread but I see others have done so. So is there an omnibus "What knife is this" thread, and if not, should I create one?

Thanks

I'm very new here. But I've been on Calguns for years. I think I've got almost 20,000 posts on there. Lots of good information here and there. I'm going to try to build up my rep here

Back