We were all new here once

Wait, I thought this was a pair o' ducks...
walk-2162937_960_720.jpg

You got me there, but I already used up my "mind blown" pic...

Hi everyone. First post. Been here a few times over the years via google search for help and info but I’m getting serious about making knives so I figured it was time to join. I have been making file knives for a few months and am just ready to rock and roll on this new venture. Thanks!

We don't need your life story ;)

Seriously, though, greetings and welcome to the forum!

Hello everyone,

New here. Been collecting for maybe a little over a year at this point. I gravitate towards folders... as given my office job and the oh-so-evil packages and boxes, I can use them :)

My humble collection:

srAzdtI.jpg

Lr9jp34

Left to right:

- Benchmade Osborne 940
- Kizer Sheepdog XL
- Gerber US-ASSIST
- AKC F16 OTF
- Deejo 37G
- CRKT Pilar
- Gerber Keynote

- ice

Last edited:
Hey Ice, welcome! 'Fraid the pic's not showing for me though. :(

Just bought my first knife. Thought about getting a pocket knife and didn't realize all the different things that go into it. Spent two weeks looking around trying to figure out what one to buy.

I think I might have found something fun to collect by accident.

Just bought my first knife. Thought about getting a pocket knife and didn't realize all the different things that go into it. Spent two weeks looking around trying to figure out what one to buy.

I think I might have found something fun to collect by accident.

And the one you chose was:

I have been a recent member for several days now and have learned a said amount. While not new to knives, but new to the hobby. Since this past Friday I have already purchased 3 pocket knives and ordered a 4th, that years ago I could not afford or justify. I never had a really great pocket knife. Now I will have 4. Not really looking at collector pieces but rather usable knives. All say is I am having the wow factor.

So thank y’all for building a great place for a layman like myself to gain knowledge.

Regards,

Joe

Last edited:
A usable knife is a must. Welcome to the community Joe!

Hello all! I am interested in having a Knife reproduced from Photos. The German 1918 Trench knife.
I am Having a "Prop Knife kit" created and I want to be as historically correct when Creating mold for Rubber and retractable (to simulate stabbing).
The Reproduction suppliers have 3 and I am not sure how Historically acurate they are til I have them in hand.
any suggestions.I have photos of what I am want to create. Thanks

Hello all! I am interested in having a Knife reproduced from Photos. The German 1918 Trench knife.
I am Having a "Prop Knife kit" created and I want to be as historically correct when Creating mold for Rubber and retractable (to simulate stabbing).
The Reproduction suppliers have 3 and I am not sure how Historically acurate they are til I have them in hand.
any suggestions.I have photos of what I am want to create. Thanks

Welcome to Bladeforums Michael.

Wow, your request is a real head scratcher. I don't know of any subforum here at Bladeforums to direct you to have a rubber or retractable prop knife made. If you wanted an actual, real 1918 trench knife made that would probably be a lot easier than having a prop made. In the 18+ years I've been here I don't recall ever seeing a member who makes such props, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

My best suggestion would be to start a new thread here in General Discussion and ask the community at large if they know of anyone or any business that makes prop knives.

To start a new thread simply click on the blue button that says "Post New Thread" near the top, right-hand side of the screen on the front page of the General Discussion subforum, then enter a thread title, then type in your request.

Best of luck in your search.

Hey noobs, don’t be like R RancherinAz . Bringing back threads from 2008-2010 is frowned upon. Bringing back 9 of these threads within 30 minutes or so in the same forum is ridiculous!

Back