We were all new here once

Sorry . I guess I'm just not as computer savi as you are .
Next time I'll just start a new thread for an already existing topic and then you can bitch about that too eh ?

Last edited:
Sorry . I guess I'm just not as computer savi as you are .
Next time I'll just start a new thread for an already existing topic and then you can bitch about that too eh ?

You could also read the rules and see that’s exactly what you’re supposed to do. No bitching included.

I can see reviving one thread if you have a legitimate question or reply but you’re bumping multiple threads from many years ago, posting the same info. It’s unnecessary.

Hi,

I am not new to knifes since I use different kinds for different types of jobs. I am new to this website and I am confused that we cannot personally send a message to a member or is it all in the open?

Hi,

I am not new to knifes since I use different kinds for different types of jobs. I am new to this website and I am confused that we cannot personally send a message to a member or is it all in the open?

Welcome to Bladeforums.

If you click on a members name (left side of the screen) that will bring up their member profile, click on their name again and that will take you to their profile page where you can leave them a message. I believe the owner of Bladeforums changed servers recently and there have been some bugs to work out so I'm not sure if everything is back to normal (like messaging). I will do a test and try to leave a message on your profile page.

Looks like it worked :) .

I believe there should be some type of indicator/alert at the top right of the screen when you have a message. You have to be logged in to see the alert.

Last edited:
Welcome to Bladeforums.

If you click on a members name (left side of the screen) that will bring up their member profile, click on their name again and that will take you to their profile page where you can leave them a message. I believe the owner of Bladeforums changed servers recently and there have been some bugs to work out so I'm not sure if everything is back to normal (like messaging). I will do a test and try to leave a message on your profile page.

Looks like it worked :) .

I believe there should be some type of indicator/alert at the top right of the screen when you have a message. You have to be logged in to see the alert.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to all the knowledge on this forum

J Jakpack , messages are all out in the open for non-paid members. Bladeforums has paid memberships which enable benefits such as Private Messaging and the right to sell items on the forum. If you're someone who makes a living serving the knife community, or does a lot of buying and selling of knives there may be a paid membership that suits you. I purchased the "Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service Provider membership, which gives me PMs as well as the ability to not only sell on the forum, but sell items I have made. I also purchased three years worth of such memberships in advance, in order to qualify for a sub forum dedicated to my knives and services.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to all the knowledge on this forum
I would also point out, the Gold membership is definitely worth the cost. Allows you to sell, private message, makes it add free.

Definitely a lot of stellar makers and very much a source for knowledge and entertainment.

Bladeforums: We put the "edge" in knowledge. 😄

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes newbies don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach newbies a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.

UPDATE: It's been over 8 years since I started this thread, and I thought it was time for an update.

When I started this thread back in 2012, new members were sometimes treated a bit rough. But things have changed since then. These days most active members are eager to help new members. So I don't want you to get the impression that you're entering a lions den where the members are just waiting to bite your head off. I think you'll find the vast majority of members to be friendly and helpful. So welcome, and enjoy :).
Yeah, there certainly were some ups and downs! I have been gone from here for quite a while, am an old time member. I should say there wasn't much negative mud slung but a lot of jovial poking.

I have a knife that needs a handle and I want it to be original design who can I go to in Los Angeles calif

Welcome R RALawson . I recommend you post your inquiry in the Services wanted section, or if you don't mind shipping the knife, you are welcome to email me and we'll see what I can do for you.

Hey!
Thanks for this forum and for the blade help. Ya'll are a great resource even for lurkers w/o an account.
I just signed up this week. why not
cheers

You're welcome. Canada, but please email me so we don't clutter up the thread. ;)

G'day everyone from sunny Thailand

I assume this is where we say hi for our first post. Been collecting for the last few years (nothing too exciting yet) but have decided I will give knife making a go since the aerospace industry will be dead for a while. Currently finding a factory location and shopping for some nice new CNC machines

I look forward to posting some designs for constructive criticism...

cheers

Hey everyone just wanted to make a first post. I'm a new member but not new to The Forum as we all probably have Googled for information this forum comes up a lot so I decided time to become a member.

Back