Website Revamp

Murphnuge

If any of y'all have noticed, our website has had quite the face lift. This is a thanks to Derek and Mistwalker. Mistwalker supplied the beautiful photography and Derek put them where they'd be most beneficial. The old web look was great thanks to Diesel D, but as the company matured so should the website. Go take a look and tell us what you think.

www.tmhuntcustomknives.com

Wow, that's a whole new beast. Great job, guys.:thumbup:

The photos are fantastic and it is easily navigable.

The only issue I see is that the "Links" tab at the top of the page is a broken link.

Wow, that's a whole new beast. Great job, guys.:thumbup:

The photos are fantastic and it is easily navigable.

The only issue I see is that the "Links" tab at the top of the page is a broken link.

Links is fixed.

If any of y'all have noticed, our website has had quite the face lift. This is a thanks to Derek and Mistwalker. Mistwalker supplied the beautiful photography and Derek put them where they'd be most beneficial. The old web look was great thanks to Diesel D, but as the company matured so should the website. Go take a look and tell us what you think.

www.tmhuntcustomknives.com

Not all the pics were from Mistwalker. I stole several from this very forum.

It looks good, guys! :thumbup: Well thought out with a good flow to it.... And most importantly, lots of great looking knives.

Ah yes, the website, its definitely been a huge area of concern for me. When we first started the website, we (Murph and I) kinda dumped the responsibility on Jeff (Diesel D) without having any previous know-how he got through it and did a fantastic job, he even made a site for his own new business and maintained both of them for a good while until his business prospered and grew enough that he understandably needed to split from mine. So, still not knowing anything about web building, Murph and I needed someone else to take the reigns and not only make a new site, but one that was more suited to my growing business and one that will grow with it in what it can do......... Enter our very own Derek Haltom.......

Derek and I have been friends since we met at the first Gathering I attended at Ethan Beckers house. I cant remember how I was able to convince him to do this but im glad I did. There was a lot of work involved in getting it to this point that Derek pretty much took upon himself to do so I could stay focused on my knives. The best I can recollect, this new site has been about 4 months in the making, if not more. From what I understand, now that its on line now we have the capability to tweek it however we want, and tweek we will since there are a lot more tools available.

So, keep on going back and checking it out, because it will be constantly changing for the better as new material keeps trickling in. Thank you Derek, Mistwalker, and Diesel D For all of your work involved.

Stay tuned............

Looks great. The photos are stunning. I do miss the scary shop picture of Todd,though.:D In all.seriousness,though, I personally like the idea of a bio page. When I'm investing in something (be it a knife,car,refrigerator,etc...), I like to know as much about whom I am buying from. It would also be a good place to give a shout out/thank you to anyone that helps in anyway (i.e. Derek's webpage assistance, Mist's photography,Mr. Hunt's sharpening help, Murph's fridge stocking,floor sweeping, skirt wearing much appreciated help in the shop (I guess the grinding,sanding and handle work too)):D

And my last two suggestions and then I will shut up:D :
A testimonial page (its good to see what other people think...especially when its someone famous)
A customer submitted photo page (the more pics I look at of Todd's knives,the more I want to buy them)

Last edited:
That site looks outstanding, as I just texted to Todd and Derek. It makes Todd look all dignified and stuff, exactly as you should seem for hard working folk to send you their money. Not at all like the beer swilling ruffian you actually are.
*for the record, I've known my website skills were terrible all along and just got the 1st one up and going so people could contact Todd. This natural progression is exactly what you need, buddy. Congratulations.
**and in case any of you were wondering, my "new business" is kidnapping cats and selling them back to their owners for a tidy profit. Not alot of overhead and a great markup! www.wheresyourcat.com

The new sight looks great guys!

Two things. No mention of the M-9? I miss the barn pic of it.

In the Yuma description it says it is 3/16 not 5/32. Not sure is 5/32 is an option and the Yuma is normally 3/16. I know there was mention of the Yuma changing to 5/32.

Jeremy

The new sight looks great guys!

Two things. No mention of the M-9? I miss the barn pic of it.

In the Yuma description it says it is 3/16 not 5/32. Not sure is 5/32 is an option and the Yuma is normally 3/16. I know there was mention of the Yuma changing to 5/32.

Jeremy

Like I said, we had to get the site up before we can start tweeking it. So, any imput you guys have is appreciated and will be considered, done, or completely ignored and anywhere in between.
As far as thickness stock options, yeah, there is different options on them and even different steel is going to start to be offered. But am am only one man....... well, one man and Murph, so that equals half a man I guess. Lol.

Amazing overhaul. Love it! Great work!

I'm wondering though: The "Tradewater" is mentioned as (not shown) under the Yuma section. I think it would be good to show it.

Just a thought.

That site looks outstanding, as I just texted to Todd and Derek. It makes Todd look all dignified and stuff, exactly as you should seem for hard working folk to send you their money. Not at all like the beer swilling ruffian you actually are.
*for the record, I've known my website skills were terrible all along and just got the 1st one up and going so people could contact Todd. This natural progression is exactly what you need, buddy. Congratulations.
**and in case any of you were wondering, my "new business" is kidnapping cats and selling them back to their owners for a tidy profit. Not alot of overhead and a great markup! www.wheresyourcat.com

truly pimped marketing strategy, but just be careful -- a lot of municipalities have laws against selling pu --- erm, um...... cats...

oh, yeah - nice work on the site Derek. :D

Alright folks, first up, suggestions are definitely welcome. As it stands right now the website is not finished, there are still many things to be added and tweaked.

1. Neither the M-9 nor the Tradewater were shown because I did not find pics *readily available* (i.e. easily found in the cursory search I did for pics that I used to populate the website) that met the orientation I was looking for or the clarity I wanted. Once pics that meet those criteria are found or provided, they will be added.

2. I didn't add a bio page because in my mind the focus is the knives. When this was whole idea was pitched to Todd I explained the vision I had for it as a website focused on the tools and the tools alone. A pic of Todd looking all craftmanshippy (maybe not a real word?) alone in a page about him in the middle of everything didn't look right. Maybe that isn't the most scientific way to establish things, but whenever it comes to anything graphical I have always trusted my gut, and it told me that a bio page didn't really fit in the form I had it. Maybe something that can be revisited later with a different look, but when everything else was done it didn't look right, and it made the navigation bar up top look mighty cluttered.

3. As far as a shout out to folks that helped, speaking for myself the answer is a resounding no. Is it a nice gesture, sure, but ultimately there are a few things that factor into it. (Keep in mind this is my opinion, and as such only applies to me.) I am being compensated for my work. I do not want any recognition of any type for my work as I am not a website designer anymore. I am not a sys admin anymore, I am not a graphics designer anymore. I have a job. I do not want people to see that site and think "Oh hey let me get in touch with their website guy and see what kind of work he can do for me" because that is unnecessary as I will not help them. As said before, I am not those things anymore, and for good reason. If someone like Mistwalker or anyone wants credit that is fine, I will throw them up a link if they want it on the links page provided they have a place in mind, but for me, the answer is no.

4. I have never once purchased anything based off of a testimonial I have seen on the same website as the product. Ever. And for good reason. If I am researching spending my money on something, I want opinions that the designer/producer/maker does not have control over. Simple.

5. Pictures of other knives. That is forthcoming. To get some things to work as easily as possible, I had to upload the site first, then add stuff later. There will be a photo gallery on the website on the Media page that will show many pictures. That being said, if you do not want your pictures used on Todd's website, take them off of this forum. I had previously stated to anyone and everyone in here that at some point any pics posted on this subforum would potentially be used on the website. That was fair warning as it was given many, many moons ago. So if you don't want them on the website, either remove them or shoot me a message and I will remove them from the website. Given that this is largely a collection of friends I would assume no one would have any issues, but some people have differing opinions and they are more than welcome to them. So again, if you do not want your pictures on the website, let me know, let Todd know, or post something here, or delete them from the site. Not trying to step on toes, but I am also not going to jump through fifteen bajillion legal hoops to get this done.

That all being said, this is merely my opinion. If Todd wants any of these things changed well that is up to him. As stated before, this is just the beginning, and many more great things are ahead. Glad people like it so far, I hope they continue to like it as things are modified and tweaked into the final shape.

Cheers,

D

Very awesome Todd! Really like the new site and it has a great feel to it. Good job Derek/Todd and those involved! Pretty exciting to see this thing grow more everyday. Also am excited to see what new tools and steel you have up your sleeve Todd.

A simple "Go to hell,Ryan" would have been much shorter to type, D.....:D very good points and understandable as to why.

Alright folks, first up, suggestions are definitely welcome. As it stands right now the website is not finished, there are still many things to be added and tweaked.

1. Neither the M-9 nor the Tradewater were shown because I did not find pics *readily available* (i.e. easily found in the cursory search I did for pics that I used to populate the website) that met the orientation I was looking for or the clarity I wanted. Once pics that meet those criteria are found or provided, they will be added.

2. I didn't add a bio page because in my mind the focus is the knives. When this was whole idea was pitched to Todd I explained the vision I had for it as a website focused on the tools and the tools alone. A pic of Todd looking all craftmanshippy (maybe not a real word?) alone in a page about him in the middle of everything didn't look right. Maybe that isn't the most scientific way to establish things, but whenever it comes to anything graphical I have always trusted my gut, and it told me that a bio page didn't really fit in the form I had it. Maybe something that can be revisited later with a different look, but when everything else was done it didn't look right, and it made the navigation bar up top look mighty cluttered.

3. As far as a shout out to folks that helped, speaking for myself the answer is a resounding no. Is it a nice gesture, sure, but ultimately there are a few things that factor into it. (Keep in mind this is my opinion, and as such only applies to me.) I am being compensated for my work. I do not want any recognition of any type for my work as I am not a website designer anymore. I am not a sys admin anymore, I am not a graphics designer anymore. I have a job. I do not want people to see that site and think "Oh hey let me get in touch with their website guy and see what kind of work he can do for me" because that is unnecessary as I will not help them. As said before, I am not those things anymore, and for good reason. If someone like Mistwalker or anyone wants credit that is fine, I will throw them up a link if they want it on the links page provided they have a place in mind, but for me, the answer is no.

4. I have never once purchased anything based off of a testimonial I have seen on the same website as the product. Ever. And for good reason. If I am researching spending my money on something, I want opinions that the designer/producer/maker does not have control over. Simple.

5. Pictures of other knives. That is forthcoming. To get some things to work as easily as possible, I had to upload the site first, then add stuff later. There will be a photo gallery on the website on the Media page that will show many pictures. That being said, if you do not want your pictures used on Todd's website, take them off of this forum. I had previously stated to anyone and everyone in here that at some point any pics posted on this subforum would potentially be used on the website. That was fair warning as it was given many, many moons ago. So if you don't want them on the website, either remove them or shoot me a message and I will remove them from the website. Given that this is largely a collection of friends I would assume no one would have any issues, but some people have differing opinions and they are more than welcome to them. So again, if you do not want your pictures on the website, let me know, let Todd know, or post something here, or delete them from the site. Not trying to step on toes, but I am also not going to jump through fifteen bajillion legal hoops to get this done.

That all being said, this is merely my opinion. If Todd wants any of these things changed well that is up to him. As stated before, this is just the beginning, and many more great things are ahead. Glad people like it so far, I hope they continue to like it as things are modified and tweaked into the final shape.

Cheers,

D

Damn you talk a lot. :D

Back