WEeeee!!

Looks like a knife designed or drawn while falling down a flight of stairs.
Knife Descending Staircase? Cubist Cutlery!
20130223102157%21Duchamp_-_Nude_Descending_a_Staircase.jpg

Just no. I mean it looks cool. But it's not a usable knife aka a tool. It's man jewelry that has a sharp edge.

I'd get one if that blade was a thin slicer without the compound grind or all those holes.

Otherwise it looks like a great design for an art knife. I thought I wanted something like that when it first debuted. I don't thou.

It's definitely an Instagram knife. Something people just take photos of. Glad they made it for that sole purpose. Definitely a feat in the art knife in cnc.

It's cool if that's what you want.

I'm sure it is well made with quality materials.

But, this one is not for me. I did just get a 604T in Damasteel.

Last edited:
That price makes me laugh. For THAT! Hell no. Looks like some thing Edward Scissorhands would sh*t.

I like Elijah's designs for the most part, but this and the Brous Echelon or Raven just seem to be exercise designs to show off manufacturing prowess. It also seems to be a minor variation of the same knife. I think for collectors The Zeta (as the Kizer Megatherium) will be a much more usable and useful design. He's also been doing some interesting work with Geoff Blauvelt, the Dark Knight was a slightly more useful exercise. He's got a shtick alright, but I'm already tiring of it. Many cutting edge industrial designs date themselves rather quickly no matter what field (from transportation to electronics), and I'll be interested to see where it falls in the future. Not necessarily a timeless design on the whole, but I'm sure some of this design language will find its way into the work of makers for years to come.

Remember that the Custom Knife Factory Decepticon looked like nothing else only a few short years ago, but now it's pretty widely accepted and even copied to some degree.

I like Elijah's designs for the most part, but this and the Brous Echelon or Raven just seem to be exercise designs to show off manufacturing prowess. It also seems to be a minor variation of the same knife. I think for collectors The Zeta (as the Kizer Megatherium) will be a much more usable and useful design. He's also been doing some interesting work with Geoff Blauvelt, the Dark Knight was a slightly more useful exercise. He's got a shtick alright, but I'm already tiring of it. Many cutting edge industrial designs date themselves rather quickly no matter what field (from transportation to electronics), and I'll be interested to see where it falls in the future. Not necessarily a timeless design on the whole, but I'm sure some of this design language will find its way into the work of makers for years to come.

Remember that the Custom Knife Factory Decepticon looked like nothing else only a few short years ago, but now it's pretty widely accepted and even copied to some degree.

It is a design to show off manufacturing capabilities. How many companies could successfully make a knife like that and have it not fall apart in their hands? Not many. Hell there are companies out there (going to step on some toes here) like Emerson's that use screws that look like they were picked up along the side of the road that fell off something. This knife is purely about art and showing off what WE is capable of doing, I'm not usually a fan of funky designs, but I love love love this one. If you look at other companies that have tried to do similar things, like Quartermaster, it usually ends up with super heavy knives that have abnormally large dimensions in one way or another to maintain structural integraity, but WE managed to do it in a moderately small, super thin, and super light package. The milling and attention to detail on this knife is beyond phenomenal, whether you agree with the design or not.

It is a design to show off manufacturing capabilities. How many companies could successfully make a knife like that and have it not fall apart in their hands? Not many. Hell there are companies out there (going to step on some toes here) like Emerson's that use screws that look like they were picked up along the side of the road that fell off something. This knife is purely about art and showing off what WE is capable of doing, I'm not usually a fan of funky designs, but I love love love this one. If you look at other companies that have tried to do similar things, like Quartermaster, it usually ends up with super heavy knives that have abnormally large dimensions in one way or another to maintain structural integraity, but WE managed to do it in a moderately small, super thin, and super light package. The milling and attention to detail on this knife is beyond phenomenal, whether you agree with the design or not.
The engineering is neat. I believe the designer did it all in a cad style software. Not sure what we knives had to improve to make it work or if it was all Isham. It is cool looking. But not something most of us want to use. I don't think it's too terribly difficult to do this style this day and age with 5axis cnc and solid works etc.

Quartermaster is a lie. Falsely advertised knives (materials and origin), stolen designs, fake factory with state of the art security. And universally ugly to most. Very deceiving.

Im a fan of isham with his biomechanical style. I would say this is one of his more polarizing designs as he does have more subtle ones coming up theta(Kizer) and zeta(we).
Will I preorder? Nah. Maybe like the zt055 (also funky ) I lost interest before it delivered.
WE has come a long way though. They have a bright future.

Reactions: Mo2
Back