Weekend deals for 7/17--Pix, Thamar Dui Chirra, Kumar Kobra and Awesome Buys

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
17 inch 25 ounce Dui chirra by Thamar. Satisal wood handle. White metal fittings. Sharp and ready for use. $145. *SOLD*

20 inch 25 ounce Kumar Kobra by Kumar. Horn handle. Lite and fast Knife! I am offering this Knife at $148 which includes a Camo hat gift from Kanchhi. *SOLD*

14.5 inch 25 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Usual fine work by Kumar. Add to your Kumar Knife collection at $138. *SOLD*

10.5 inch 12 ounce Dukur Knife by Padam. Satisal wood handle. Best buy at $60.

15 inch 16 ounce KLVUK by Keshar Lal. Lali gurash wood handle. Kanchhi found a sheath for this one. Take it for $85. *SOLD*

14 inch 26 ounce villager fit and finish Hasiya by Kumar. Carved satisal wood handle. Smile at $100 even.

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served
Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
That M-43 is tempting, but I hear that the 18 inchers are more fighters than the compact M-43s, so maybe I should just hold off.

That M-43 is tempting, but I hear that the 18 inchers are more fighters than the compact M-43s, so maybe I should just hold off.

What is this...logic of some sort? You know you want it, follow your heart!

EMS on
15 inch 16 ounce KLVUK by Keshar Lal. Lali gurash wood handle.

Done Deal! Very glad to see a sheath is included with this bad Larry. It's just about an inch an ounce. It's new home will be in my hiking pack.

Last edited:
That M-43 is tempting, but I hear that the 18 inchers are more fighters than the compact M-43s....

I wonder about that. I have M43s in 18" and 15". It seems to me that in most self defense situations in a modern setting the 15" model might be better as a fighter. Why? It would be lighter weight and more maneuverable, while packing enough punch to take down anything smaller than a mountain gorilla. And afterward, when you have to deal with the law and claim self defense, the shorter model would look a tad less "offensive."

Obviously I'm not talking about historical combat situations. A Viking berserker warrior would certainly prefer the 18" model, and in a single-combat duel in an open area, the extra length and weight would be an advantage, especially against an opponent wearing armor and carrying a shield. And if your opponent is a tree that needs to be chopped down, the 18" model is the better choice.

Note that the HI M43 model is based on a vintage WWII khukuri, but the latter tended to be considerably lighter weight and not always 18" long.

Dui Chirra please go away now before I get in trouble...:grumpy:

John Ray, A Compleat Collection of English Proverbs, 1768: “As good be hang’d for an old sheep as a young lamb”. ;)

(The origin lies in the brutal history of English law. At one time, a great many crimes automatically attracted the death penalty: you could be hanged, for example, for stealing goods worth more than a shilling. Sheep stealing was among these capital crimes. So if you were going to steal a sheep, you might as well take a full-grown one rather than a lamb, because the penalty was going to be the same either way.)

That Dui Chirra is beautiful... I'm considering either a Dui Chirra or a Foxy Folly as my next purchase. Anyone have experience with both and know the primary differences?

Both are drop dead gorgeous. The Foxy generally would be a bit thinner and considerably lighter than the Dui. But both are gems.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite between the two. And the Curved Spine (mine is gooder than Bookies) is right in there too, weight and feel wise.

Bawanna, would you say the Dui Chirra is a better knife for heavy chopping? I've read that since the Foxy is thinner, it's better suited for lighter work. I've got a WWII 16.5" and a BDC, so I'm leaning towards getting a heavier khuk next.

I'm no expert but I would say definitely your correct. The Dui would be a much better chopper.

A Dui or a Yek either one is a great all around user/chopper.

If you want to go beast mode, go AK or CAK, but I myself would get a Dui or a Yek, preferably by Thamar if I had the choice.

Actually I already did so I guess I did have a choice so now I'm ready for the next choice I reckon.

John Ray, A Compleat Collection of English Proverbs, 1768: “As good be hang’d for an old sheep as a young lamb”. ;)

(The origin lies in the brutal history of English law. At one time, a great many crimes automatically attracted the death penalty: you could be hanged, for example, for stealing goods worth more than a shilling. Sheep stealing was among these capital crimes. So if you were going to steal a sheep, you might as well take a full-grown one rather than a lamb, because the penalty was going to be the same either way.)

Ha! Aint that the truth! You aint helpin Berk;)

EMS Old Sheep! Dui Chirra that is. Trouble is trouble right? Same law for Yek and Dui...ill take Dui.

Bawanna, would you say the Dui Chirra is a better knife for heavy chopping? I've read that since the Foxy is thinner, it's better suited for lighter work. I've got a WWII 16.5" and a BDC, so I'm leaning towards getting a heavier khuk next.

You better grab that Dui from today, it's really a nice one, I got one and I still want this one. I think my Dui is a Purna, my Yek is a Thamar. You better go for it or I'll hate myself in the morning.

Lemme try this again...

EMS Dui Chirra
Sorry Yall! Too Purdy. Hadda dui it!
No DD yet so who knows?

Back