• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Weighted keychain: monkey's-fist with steel ball bearing

MSCantrell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Over in this thread, http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439189, I responded to a request for a weighted monkey's-fist keychain. The design was to be a 1" dia ball bearing, in a monkey's-fist of black paracord, with a sinnet of about 6" and a loop for keys.

In a sudden burst of motivation, not only did I make one for Stan, I made an extra to offer to the first forumite to say "I'll take it."

Tell you what, these babies really pack a wallop. Yikes. (I'm kinda tempted to pull a LT and go bash some cinderblocks... but I'll refrain:D )

Price is just $15 plus shipping- add $2 for USPS First Class delivery, or $4 for USPS Priority delivery.

This one is available for immediate delivery. I can take orders for more, but I gotta restock on paracord. :)

>>>FIRST ONE IS SOLD, NOW TAKING ORDERS, IN BLACK, GREY, OR INTERNATIONAL ORANGE. OR OD GREEN.

>>>Update: can now install thimbles (see picture below)in the loop, add $1.

Thanks for looking!
Mike
mscantrell at gmail.com

Here's pics:
Monkeyfist2002.jpg

Monkeyfist2003.jpg

Monkeyfist2004.jpg

With thimble:
Monkeyfist-Briggzwiththimble003.jpg

Briggz,
You got this one. PM'd ya. Thanks!

Morimotom,
You're next. Like I said, gotta re-stock on paracord. Don't know if I've got a local supplier or not!:confused: :confused:
In the past, I've ordered from countycomm.com, and I may again.
Whatever the case turns out to be, I can have one to you by Christmas. :thumbup:

Mike

If you are taking orders put me down for one. I can pay by VISA or m.o., I don't do paypal. My email is in my profile.
Thanks

Briggz,
You got this one. PM'd ya. Thanks!

Morimotom,
You're next. Like I said, gotta re-stock on paracord. Don't know if I've got a local supplier or not!:confused: :confused:
In the past, I've ordered from countycomm.com, and I may again.
Whatever the case turns out to be, I can have one to you by Christmas. :thumbup:

Mike

sounds good, you can pm me when you have another ready. could you make it with a 4" sinnet?

Dragon,
No paypal, no problem. I'm dropping you a quick email too, to say the same thing.

Morimotom,
4" sinnet, can do. Additionally, I'll snap a couple pics and send them to make sure everything looks good, before I box up and mail it. That way changes can be made without back-and-forth shipping. :thumbup:
I'll PM when I've got it made.:)

Mike

Thanks for all your orders!
I believe I've got all emails replied to. Huevos, you're S.P., right? (Not to give out your name on a public forum.)

Here's the update- just put in an order for paracord, I've got black, grey, and "international orange" coming, so now I can offer them in any of those three colors. The model shown above is a single piece of cord (strongest that way, right?), so unless something changes, each fist is just going to be one color.

For right now, I'm pretty sure I'm doing ok on time, with respect to delivery by Christmas. I can probably handle 4 or 5 more orders, and have them delivered by the Big Day, but after that, I'm not sure. So if you're on the fence, jump in line now ;) :D

Paypal is good, MO's good too.

Thanks everybody :thumbup:
Mike
mscantrell at gmail.com

Thanks for all your orders!
I believe I've got all emails replied to. Huevos, you're S.P., right? (Not to give out your name on a public forum.)
Yep, but please change my order from 1 to 3. All black. Thanks.... :)

Please add me to the list! I'd like 1 in grey. I'll shoot you an email. :)

Huevos, 3 black, you got it.

Razz, Cerulean, and SecretAgentMan, we're in good shape, you're on the list, all emails replied to :thumbup:.

Lessee... for about two more fists I'll promise Christmas delivery, after that, can't guarantee it. Get your orders in quick:)

Thanks all!
Mike
mscantrell at gmail.com

then add two more for me......

in addition to my black 4 inch,
1 green 6 inch,
1 green 4 inch.

MORIMOTOM,
Well, the good news is you just claimed those last two pre-Christmas spots, so they're yours:thumbup: ; bad news is I've only got black, grey, and orange cord coming:( .

On the other hand, I could call and add a length of OD green cord to the order :confused: I'm sure they won't process that order till Monday, right?... what do you think?
If you really want green, I can make it happen, no problem at all. If you're just as happy with grey, then I won't change the order.
Let me know?

Mike
mscantrell at gmail.com

Mike - put me down for two in black.

Thanks!

p.s. ever seen those metal loops you can wrap the cord around? (wish I knew the proper name).
Anyway, that would look cool on this one. :thumbup:

Back