Photos Weird PM2 DLC, 1/2 blackout?

Figured I would post this here to see if anyone had any thoughts. I have what appears to be a weird, 1/2 blackout Paramilitary 2 Black S30v.
joskE6l.jpg

As you can see, the knife is missing the spydie logo and steel information on the front of the blade. However the logos and golden stamp are present on the other side. The knife doesn't appear to be stamped as a blem.

I picked this knife up a while ago and I've searched and searched but haven't found anything else like it.

Is this some kinda demo or test knife? a simple manufacturing mistake, something else? It seems to be legit from what I can tell.

Album https://imgur.com/a/2VFYWzp

I'm not well versed in the "fake-spotting" game... Looks legit to me, but missed getting the laser etch on that side, and snuck QC??

Others will be along to advise, I'm sure!

Everything I know to look for in terms of spotting a fake PM2 looks good to me. I think your first guess -- it somehow missed the presentation-side blade etching part of the production process -- is on the money.

Yeah I certainly thought so. I may take it apart, but so far everything seems 100 legit, just missing the spyder logo.

So the other side is fine? With Sal and Eric's logos, and Golden, USA made?

If you take it apart, it should have a year and month on the other side, by the pivot hole.

Look OK to me. Can't find anything suspect based on the insides. Couple of mine for reference,

WKIcIu3.jpg

U2YV8OE.jpg

For some reason, in the pics the OP posted, the "w" shaped notches in the liners look a little off. The PM2's that I've had all have rather sharp, clearly defined "w" shaped notches. His seem a little off, like they're not as sharply defined.

It’s a fake. Send it to me and I’ll dispose of it. Gotta keep these imposters off the market.;)

Jokes aside that’s one unique looking pm2.
Pretty cool if you ask me. Super stealth.:thumbsup:

Back