Welcome back! Current status, known issues, and more.

Is there anyway to post pictures without a third party? How can I load them onto a reply? Thanks

matt

Yes, that is one of the perks of a paid membership.

If you don't want to swing for one then you'll need to use a third party host.

So it's been a couple weeks, and overall loving it...great job Spark! :thumbsup: Think the only thing I'd like to see is a return to the previous layout...could see a lot more of the forum at once, so lot less scrolling to get around.

Any chance of getting filter options on our "Watched Threads" list Spark Spark ? It's much more useful when it only displays unread threads.

An overall thank you for the herculean task of this restructure. I love the cleaner look, and the ability to use more than 12 emojis! 🤙🎩

One final ask for 'compact mode', if available. I have a WIDE 27" monitor and I'm swinging my head like I'm watching a tennis match.... HAH!

When did this up vote/down vote nonsense happen in General Discussion??? Is that the only sub that it's enabled on? That seems to be the only place I'm seeing it.

ETA - Hmm, and it's not on all threads. Only the ones with a ? next to the title. Is this some kind of option for the thread creator? WHY??? o_O

When did this up vote/down vote nonsense happen in General Discussion??? Is that the only sub that it's enabled on? That seems to be the only place I'm seeing it.

ETA - Hmm, and it's not on all threads. Only the ones with a ? next to the title. Is this some kind of option for the thread creator? WHY??? o_O
Because the young folk don't want to read a conversation in chronological order. They sort by upvotes, so everything is a disjointed mess.

Kind of like the sort by relevance default in a search.

Because the young folk don't want to read a conversation in chronological order. They sort by upvotes, so everything is a disjointed mess.

🤦‍♂️ 🤨

I'm not "young folk", so I'm not exactly sure what "upvote" means, but I'm betting I'd give an upvote to the idea that sort-by-relevance results in a disjointed mess.

- GT

The question threads allow you to upvote good answers and downvote bad ones. So "Which knife is best for [x]" or "How do I do [y]" should reward serious answers. Most likely it'll also reward funny ones too but <shrug>

Checked several threads and don’t see any of the upvote / downvote options. Just the usual like button. Using an ipad, not a mobile site afsaik.

Last edited:
Tried on my lap top moments ago and there it was. Went back to the ipad, and now it shows there too. Strange.

Never mind. Figured it out and all is well, I just didn't understand the particulars well enough. Sorry for the distraction.

Email update: DMARC, SPF & DKIM have been updated so email notifications should start working (hopefully). We're still monitoring this issue and will be hammering problems as they occur

Here's some interesting (to me) trivia about the current implementation of Search. If you do a simple Search with NO terms to search for, search in the current thread, and search for posts by a specified member, the results returned look just like a sort-by-date (most recent first). I'm guessing with no search terms and looking only for posts from a single individual within a single thread, the only "relevance" criterion to sort by is the date of a post!

- GT

I do want to say something nice, so I want to complement the new site as being much, much, faster than the old one. A big improvement. So . . . thanks, Spark!

You mean the scrolling navigation bar at the top of the screen?
I mean the thing at the top taking up pixels on a small device screen that I’d prefer be used to show the content I came for rather than a brand logo and a menu I could just tap the top of the screen to jump to if I need it. Please let me turn it off, it’s terrible.

I mean the thing at the top taking up pixels on a small device screen that I’d prefer be used to show the content I came for rather than a brand logo and a menu I could just tap the top of the screen to jump to if I need it. Please let me turn it off, it’s terrible.
That's a lot of words for "yes" 😏

I don't mind it on the desktop, but I can see why the option to switch it off might be good for some phone users.

Back