Welcome back! Current status, known issues, and more.

Lost the ability in this version to just pass cursor over icon to open, now have to click on it. What happened to the quick down button, now just the up to top button.

Spark Spark I’m not able to reset the password on my original account, I had to create this one to make contact since I wasn’t getting replies from the contact page. Anyhow my original account is tied to a yahoo email and I’m assuming that’s why I would never receive the email to reset my password. Is this something you can help me with or is it a waiting game until the site has all the bugs worked out? I’d like to recover is since it’s a gold membership account with good feedback.

We're still having issues with Yahoo, Verizon (same company now) and AOL accounts.

Thanks for the update, nice to know you are still working it.
I too was having problems and lag time issues even using gmail, even recently such as last weekend. I ended up clearing/deleting watched to unpatched all my watch threads and email alerts (took a screen shot first for reference).

Then I started anew, starting with the last post in each thread I wanted to add to my watch list, and then either opting in/out for either a notification, email, both, or none, also checking the preference boxes if I want to automatically watch each new thread I contribute/interact with or not.

Since this past weekend I now only receive an email on the thread or member new post that I want to receive, so far zero issues of not receiving an email and/or alert. Also, nothing has gone to junk unless I assigned it to go there in the first place.

The received email (Gmail) is still time lagging behind any alert or conversation message that I receive while logged onto BF though. A conversation received email always arrives faster to my gmail than does a simple notification email of a new post does to my gmail, but that was the case even before the new upgrade also.

In summery, I can’t confirm if my actually deleting my BF settings on mr preferences and my watched list and then reapplying them again actually corrected the problem, or if it is just a coincidence. However, I now have no missed email notification via gmail at all when comparing it to my BF notifications while looking at my BF account/profile.

PS. I did not have to nor did I delete any cookies or browser history in order to do this. Just hit the “save changes” button and then refreshed the BF home page.

I too was having problems and lag time issues even using gmail, even recently such as last weekend. I ended up clearing/deleting watched to unpatched all my watch threads and email alerts (took a screen shot first for reference).

Then I started anew, starting with the last post in each thread I wanted to add to my watch list, and then either opting in/out for either a notification, email, both, or none, also checking the preference boxes if I want to automatically watch each new thread I contribute/interact with or not.

Since this past weekend I now only receive an email on the thread or member new post that I want to receive, so far zero issues of not receiving an email and/or alert. Also, nothing has gone to junk unless I assigned it to go there in the first place.

The received email (Gmail) is still time lagging behind any alert or conversation message that I receive while logged onto BF though. A conversation received email always arrives faster to my gmail than does a simple notification email of a new post does to my gmail, but that was the case even before the new upgrade also.

In summery, I can’t confirm if my actually deleting my BF settings on mr preferences and my watched list and then reapplying them again actually corrected the problem, or if it is just a coincidence. However, I now have no missed email notification via gmail at all when comparing it to my BF notifications while looking at my BF account/profile.

PS. I did not have to nor did I delete any cookies or browser history in order to do this. Just hit the “save changes” button and then refreshed the BF home page.
Whew, a lot of clicking, fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply/suggestion.

Not getting all notifications. Switched to Google since Yahoo didn't work at all but still not getting all post notifications and conversation notifications.

Didn't work, but thanks anyway.

Didn't work, but thanks anyway.
I forgot to mention that for me at least, watching a forum itself results in zero notifications, and doesn’t even show up under my watched list. But watching an individual thread and/or a individual members posting does result in the notification signal/alert I enabled for it.

Well the updates worked fine for a while.....but I have noticed lately that response from the forum host is slowing yet again, sometimes taking a couple minutes to open various threads. Also, I am seeing this screen more and more often -
cscdAAT.png

Its nothing to do with a problem on my end as this is the only place its happening...

Well the updates worked fine for a while.....but I have noticed lately that response from the forum host is slowing yet again, sometimes taking a couple minutes to open various threads. Also, I am seeing this screen more and more often -
cscdAAT.png

Its nothing to do with a problem on my end as this is the only place its happening...
I thought I was the only one getting that. Happens several times a day for me.

I thought I was the only one getting that. Happens several times a day for me.
It's happened a few times for me, too. Usually I can hit refresh and it loads okay.
I'll make a note of the time if it happens again.

Same experience here, occasional 522’s last few days and occasional long page loads. Also, sometimes when checking alerts it will say something on the order of: “so-and-so responded to this thread tomorrow at xxx AM“. Like the time stamp was out of sync.

Encountering some occasional slowness issues and Error 522 the past week!

vWJcaFv.jpg

Yup, 522 errors here as well:(

How do I change my email account so I can get notifications again. I take it gmail is OK? Would like to change from Yahoo then.

I take it gmail is OK?
Gmail is good to go. For me at least, as of last night I was receiving email notifications of my watched threads within the same minute of it being posted.

As far as changing your email I’ve not done it. However it does appear in your Account, under Account Details. Once you’re in Account Details look at the second line directly under your Username, it shows your Email. Directly next to Email is a Change button on the right.

What happens after you click the Change button I do not know, haven’t ever gone that far, sorry.

Gmail is good to go. For me at least, as of last night I was receiving email notifications of my watched threads within the same minute of it being posted.

As far as changing your email I’ve not done it. However it does appear in your Account, under Account Details. Once you’re in Account Details look at the second line directly under your Username, it shows your Email. Directly next to Email is a Change button on the right.

What happens after you click the Change button I do not know, haven’t ever gone that far, sorry.
Thank you sir! I will try that.

Back