Welcome back! Current status, known issues, and more.

I've been using the app recently; and most of the post tools (B, I, U, text size, color, smileys, etc) have stopped working. Anybody else experiencing this?
Edited to add: I just tried accessing via Chrome, and experienced the same issues. While I was screwing with it all those functions lit up and started working...so I can't back to the app, and they're all working here, too.
Guess I unknowingly shut them off or something(??).

Last edited:
I've been using the app recently; and most of the post tools (B, I, U, text size, color, smileys, etc) have stopped working. Anybody else experiencing this?
Edited to add: I just tried accessing via Chrome, and experienced the same issues. While I was screwing with it all those functions lit up and started working...so I can't back to the app, and they're all working here, too.
Guess I unknowingly shut them off or something(??).

I didn't know there was an app. 🤨

Anyway, one of the options up on the top right side of your reply box is "Toggle BB Code" which will turn a bunch of formatting tools on/off. Maybe you hit that by accident?

I hit all that stuff a few times, trying to get it to work. Not sure why touching the same stuff worked when it did.

Re: app. One day I saw a thing about trying the app, so I did. Basically looks like the mobile view, minus being able to easily access page urls. There's a way - I've found it...I just have to find it every time, and it's totally random whether I do so easily or have to struggle for a while, lol.
View attachment 1584006View attachment 1584007

Gmail is good to go. For me at least, as of last night I was receiving email notifications of my watched threads within the same minute of it being posted.

As far as changing your email I’ve not done it. However it does appear in your Account, under Account Details. Once you’re in Account Details look at the second line directly under your Username, it shows your Email. Directly next to Email is a Change button on the right.

What happens after you click the Change button I do not know, haven’t ever gone that far, sorry.
Thanks again, it worked!

First Class problem....

My popular thread in the Custom and Handmade forum:

SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Has OVER 3 million views, according to the stats. More than any other thread in that forum. I have continued to post new updates, despite the Fototime losses.

What IF we could delete past BLANK pages???? I have 72 blank before thew switch to BF servers. Hmmmmm.

Before the upgrade I could get and EXACT view count. I like to see how much it propagates in a month, as it's a measure of growth and worthiness.

Now it's not going to change until it grows over 3 million?

Any method to see exactness?

I love the new forum software. It's all working SO smoothly on my end. Thank you.

Coop

^^^ IF.... an admin could DELETE the FIRST 70 pages (1400 posts) it would be fresh. There are NO images showing in the first 70 pages. Ugghh.

Is this possible? I can't.

Can't hurt to ask. TY.

All of my options in the reply box are grayed out as of this morning?! I can't even attach the screenshot to show what I'm talking about🤦‍♂️🤬

Edit- I can still attach, just not in the reply box...so bizarre🤪
Screenshot_20210630-054912_Chrome~2.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding conversations - has the inbox amount changed since the update? Right now I'm at 15% when showing all messages, but if I click on any one of them a different percentage shows (currently 73%).

Prior to the update I swore it was as many posts within each conversation with a gold membership, but a limited amount of total conversations. Has that changed or am I remembering it incorrectly? If that has changed, can I delete posts within each conversation so I don't approach 100% with ~15 conversations?

Regarding conversations - has the inbox amount changed since the update? Right now I'm at 15% when showing all messages, but if I click on any one of them a different percentage shows (currently 73%).

Prior to the update I swore it was as many posts within each conversation with a gold membership, but a limited amount of total conversations. Has that changed or am I remembering it incorrectly? If that has changed, can I delete posts within each conversation so I don't approach 100% with ~15 conversations?
I hope a mod will correct me if I'm wrong about this:

As I understand it: You have a limit on the number of conversations, and also a limit on the number of messages(posts), so a few long conversations may take up as much storage as a lot of short ones. I think it was always this way, but the percentages were just displayed as one number. (I remember being confused because deleting some conversations seemed to free up more space than others, but I couldn't really calculate it well)

I'm pretty sure you have to delete a whole conversation, with no option to delete individual posts.

In the Traditional Knives forum, the pinned thread "links to jackknives tales", gives 404 errors on any of the story links.

Sorry to add to your workload, Spark. Thank you for all the work you do. We all appreciate it, and you. Hope you had a great 4th.

I think YouTube is blocking playback here on Bladeforums, all videos embedded here are unavailable today.

Back