Welcome! Questions, ideas...post them here.

Congratulations, it’s about time. Looking forward to seeing all your awesome work in your very own forum.

Yo! Can ya pimp my pen? Been using it for the last couple weeks and I'm just not feeling it.

You're already aware of the issues, but here is how it turned out...
vU340OQ.jpg

Here's how I was hoping it was going to turn out (maybe even a shade lighter if possible)... But maybe with a silver endcap (or maybe not, can't decide if that would look stupid).
img_0071.jpg

If there's no way to get the color even... Maybe something like this then?
XdZvVk7xOvcaBJPRcGxRxxmS06kMERTy4zMSry4GCek.jpg

Idk, I'm pretty open.

Also... It has a little bolt made from a tiny piece of Timascus, but the colors are absolute shit. Maybe re-anodizing it would help? I'm not sure if it's too small, with layers to fine for it to make a difference... Although it looks like Tactile Turn is able to get some good color occasionally.
bolt.jpg

Yo! Can ya pimp my pen? Been using it for the last couple weeks and I'm just not feeling it.

vU340OQ.jpg

Here's how I was hoping it was going to turn out (maybe even a shade lighter if possible)... But maybe with a silver endcap (or maybe not, can't decide if that would look stupid).
img_0071.jpg

Idk, I'm pretty open.

Also... It has a little bolt made from a tiny piece of Timascus, but the colors are absolute shit. Maybe re-anodizing it would help? I'm not sure if it's too small, with layers to fine for it to make a difference... Although it looks like Tactile Turn is able to get some good color occasionally.
bolt.jpg
I thought we talked about this🤔 Yeah man, I can help you out...I'll send you a PM👍

vU340OQ.jpg

img_0071.jpg

Idk, I'm pretty open.

bolt.jpg

You’ll be pleasantly surprised to see the possibilities of anodizing.

Chip, the description of your subforum says "I offer hand engraving, titanium anodizing, inlays, regrinds, refurbishment, action tuning, etc.". Can you expand on this a little?
The action tuning for example, is this for any knife that is out of tune, or are there some particular models that are almost great and benefit a lot? What are some good base models that you like to regrind, or use as the canvas for some engraving?

Chip, the description of your subforum says "I offer hand engraving, titanium anodizing, inlays, regrinds, refurbishment, action tuning, etc.". Can you expand on this a little?
The action tuning for example, is this for any knife that is out of tune, or are there some particular models that are almost great and benefit a lot? What are some good base models that you like to regrind, or use as the canvas for some engraving?
On the tuning front, most knives leave the factory with something left on the table action-wise...but it can also be fixing a problem child with poor flipping action or the like. In a similar fashion, most knives leave the factory thicker behind the edge than necessary so they can almost always benefit from a regrind if you're not gonna abuse it. On the engraving front...I just look for blank area😉

pretty self explanatory, imo. He only does hand jobs- sometimes he'll use a machine but even then his hands are gonna be all up in there. If you don't like the sound your knife makes, Chip will tune it to sound like Darth Vader's entrance tune. Or perhaps the sounds from the Shire, if you do those old timey porch knafs. He's a musical genius, as well, and his voice is like that of an angle.

Hey Chip, would be interested in your thoughts on doing a CS Code 4...lot of virgin real estate.

Here's an example for you... I have a ZT 0450. The detent on it was so insanely firm that it would remove skin from my index finger when I used it. The knife also didn't have a detent ramp for some weird reason.

Chip fixed both issues at a very, very reasonable price. The ZT is now a dream to flip and I constantly find myself fidgeting with it. It also closes much more smoothly now with the addition of the detent ramp.

Here's an example for you... I have a ZT 0450. The detent on it was so insanely firm that it would remove skin from my index finger when I used it. The knife also didn't have a detent ramp for some weird reason.

Chip fixed both issues at a very, very reasonable price. The ZT is now a dream to flip and I constantly find myself fidgeting with it. It also closes much more smoothly now with the addition of the detent ramp.

So he did your username proud?:cool:

pretty self explanatory, imo. He only does hand jobs- sometimes he'll use a machine but even then his hands are gonna be all up in there. If you don't like the sound your knife makes, Chip will tune it to sound like Darth Vader's entrance tune. Or perhaps the sounds from the Shire, if you do those old timey porch knafs. He's a musical genius, as well, and his voice is like that of an angle.
Right angle, obtuse or acute?

Back