Welcome to Busse Black Friday 2020!!! . . . . Starting November 25, 2020 at 9:00PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Nov 23, 2020.

1. jiffum

jiffum Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2020
    @Chris A and @ScoMa, thank you. Selling isn't really my intention, but I didn't want to go against any of the rules.

Best of luck everyone!

David Lennon, ScoMa and Chris A like this.
  2. Mikeltee

Mikeltee Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2020
    The reason behind asking value not being allowed is because there is a 90% chance this person has this item, wants to sell it, and asks its value as a back door to sell here. The reason why membership is required to sell here is because you pay for a membership so your information is known by the mods. By running the forum like this, there is a low chance at Nigerian princes coming here selling $3000 ultra rare 1 of 10 made blades with mastodon tooth.

At first I did not understand why they wanted us to pay for a membership to have full interaction here, especially messaging, but after it finally hit me, I find it a brilliant system and tip my hat to the mods by running their forum this way... I still have the lowest level membership only because I will start buying and selling more and will be divorced in no time flat! Lol

David Lennon, tuica and ScoMa like this.
  3. Mikeltee

Sep 8, 2020
    Here's what's great about dings. I too was new to Busse after watching Dexter about 6 weeks ago and fell in love with the Hell Razor which I do believe was in that episode. I went to Busse site, saw the HR2 but also saw that it could take 32 weeks to get. I am no stranger to waiting.... I waited 4 years for a custom Wilson Combat 1911. I wasn't gonna wait that long for a knife though. I went to ebay and bid on an HR2 for $800. That was over $300 msrp. Luckily, I guess, I was outbid and the guy got $850 for it. I found this forum and they told me to just order it online. I ordered it on a Monday, it was "dinged, the next morning, and in my wife's hands by Wednesday. Unfortunately I no longer have that HR2. Shes not getting her hands on this grab bag though... I found a loophole to wife intercepted packages with Busse. Lol

4. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    We all learn how to get those mailed knives past our women.

5. Haldir00

Haldir00 Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2003
    I take the safe route and secure permission before asking for the funds.

Mikeltee likes this.
  6. Mikeltee

Sep 8, 2020
    My issue was that I was not asking for funds. I sold a 50bmg, contributed 80% to the boss and planned to replace a toy i haven't used in the 6 years I owned it with another that I could use.

tuica likes this.
  7. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I always let the lady know when I grab a grab bag or shop credits. I just do so in a way that steers the conversation in a desirable direction. Far, far away from thoughts like “How many did you get?” or “How much was it?”

tuica likes this.
  8. Haldir00

Haldir00 Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2003
    I cleverly counter her, "another knife?" with, "another purse?"...she acknowledges the stalemate and we go about our business. It's a good marriage.

David Lennon, tuica, LizaMari and 2 others like this.
  9. Chris A

Chris A Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Got dinged on a $500 bag

ScoMa and Icky Thump like this.
  10. Mikeltee

Sep 8, 2020
    BOOM me too! Come on HR2 and thin 4"

ScoMa, Icky Thump and Chris A like this.
  11. Mikeltee

Sep 8, 2020
    Oh my... I just noticed Trough Raiders are $657... same value as a $500 grab bag. I wouldn't be upset with one.

ScoMa, Icky Thump and tuica like this.
  12. jiffum

Nov 24, 2020
    Mine just arrived today. I ordered 2 500 grab bags hoping to get something I could have for a good user and in that respect, I think got exactly what I wanted. It may not be what I wanted on model (not sure what I really wanted in that respect anyway), but I think I got 3 great users and one that I will put up...I don't think I could bring myself to hurt the coating on the one.

Edit:
    Sorry, the whole reason I even made a post...The package was marked to require a signature, but UPS just left it on the porch and left. They did not require a signature. A driver told me a few days ago they have to sign for the packages due to covid restrictions. He also told me they had to talk to us and let us know that a package required signing. They did NOT do that this time and didn't knock or ring the door bell. -- Just a heads up, no idea if it is like that everywhere or just around here.

13. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

14. jiffum

Nov 24, 2020
    Okay lets see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    duramax, Icky Thump, Vetr and 6 others like this.
  15. punk909

punk909 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Great selection there.

jiffum likes this.
  16. jiffum

Nov 24, 2020
    Thank you, I am quite happy with them. I think I have figured out what 3 of them are, but still trying to get that second one in the first picture.

17. punk909

punk909 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Battle grade hog badger.

jiffum likes this.
  18. jiffum

Nov 24, 2020
    Perfect, the specs line up exact! I checked through quite a few lists of the knives, but that one wasn't on any of the ones I checked. Thank you very much.

Keep messing with that one and the one I think is a scrap yard trash 2.

19. Vetr

Vetr

Sep 25, 2020
    that's pretty damn good for 2 $500 grab bags!

jiffum likes this.
  20. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    You may be a genius :p ,this could work for me.

Haldir00 likes this.