Welcome to my sub-forum - Hanson Knives

Scott Hanson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everyone, My name is Scott Hanson and I would like to welcome everyone to my new sub-forum - Hanson Knives.

I am a custom knife maker from Wisconsin and have been making knives part time for approximately 30 years. I will use this thread to post recently made knives as well as past knife that I have made. Please feel free to drop in and say hello.

Last edited:
The first knife I want to post are replicas of the first knife Bo Randall made in 1937. This is my most requested knife to build, and also gets the most views and likes on my Facebook page and my Instagram page. IMG_1334.jpeg

This next knife is probably my favorite knife and my most difficult to make due to the labor intensive sheath. This is my take on the boat scraper knife made by Bill Scagel that got Bo Randall started in making knives.Version 3.jpeg IMG_0385.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you've got real potential as a knife maker Scott. :D

Kidding aside - these are stunners - knives & sheaths. Thankfully I don't have to pick a favorite, though the drop point Bird & Trout is especially appealing.

Congrats on the new sub forum. :thumbsup:

I think you've got real potential as a knife maker Scott. :D

Kidding aside - these are stunners - knives & sheaths. Thankfully I don't have to pick a favorite, though the drop point Bird & Trout is especially appealing.

Congrats on the new sub forum. :thumbsup:
Thanks Ray, good to see you here.

Back