Well hello i am new here and need some advice about the Kershaw Cyclone Full size

well i am new here but not new to knives....my Father loves the Kershaw and Gerber brands....and i recently seen a Cyclone Full Size and really liked it....i see they are discontinued about 8-9 years ago....is there anything that comes close to the Kershaw Cyclone?...i see they are not easy to find...i would really like to find one that does not cost a arm and leg....but i want a high quality USA made knife...any help will so be appreciated...Thanks in advance God Bless and Merry Christmas John

Last edited:
The Cyclone is pretty unique. You can snag them from that online auction sometimes. That's how I got a Mini-Cyclone.

In my opinion, the Benchmade Griptilian comes sort of close, from the way it feels in your hand.

The Cold Steel Code 4/Recon 1 series with spear-point blades also act kind of like a Cyclone.

Finally, check your PM box.

well thank u for the info and the pm....i added a pic of the one i seen..this pic was found online....my Dad likes his with the serration...i would like to find one like this if possible....i am a big guy with huge hands so the smaller knives just do not fit well...God Bless and Merry Christmas John
i like the black finish with no serrations....but i will consider all ...

Last edited:
Hi John -

If you are set on a Cyclone you can post a "wanted" in the exchange here.

I might suggest a Blur - it is USA made, and a little larger, similar to the Cyclone, and you can get it in black with partial serrations -

http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/blur-black-serrated

kershawguy.com is a great place to look, he sometimes even has blemishes that are a steal, and he has the best prices around. He (Dave) is also a BF supporting vendor.

The Rake is another choice - I don't see it listed with Serrations -
http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-new/1780cbbw-blackwashed-rake-new/

You can also browse the Kershaw options here -
http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives

Merry Christmas -

mqqn (Andy)

Last edited:
try a rake or junkyard dog if you have big hands, I like the jyd personally.

well what do u all think about the Zero Tolerance 0350...i am told they are very close and just as nice if not even better....i am told they from the same designer....any help will so be appreciated...God Bless John

Last edited:
I have several and they are top notch. elmax, s30v, s35vn, and m390. there is no model g10 it is just the handle material.

The Zero Tolerance are nice, I have a couple, but they are generally more expensive than similar Kershaws. Fit and finish is generally better and blade steel is generally better, though. For ZT, it depends on your budget.

well what do u all think about the Zero Tolerance G10....i am told they are very close and just as nice if not even better....i am told they from the same designer....any help will so be appreciated...God Bless John

well thanks all of u for the great info...well i found one here on the forum for sale....and i really like it....it says it is a Zero Tolerance 0350 (S30V w/Tungsten DLC Coating)
i am torn as i really like the Kershaw Cyclone in Black and i see they are very hard to find...if the Zero Tolerance is just as nice...i would be glad to have that one..i see the Zero is a little smaller...i have very large hands and really would prefer a large folder...does anyone have any pics of these side by side?....that would really help...i so appreciate all the help so far....well the price is not so much the issue...i want a very high quality knife...i was hoping to be around a hundred or so..but i am flexible for the right one too....my big things i am looking for is this...1..it needs to be a folder...2...it needs to be well made .....3..made in the USA....4...prefer all black ....5..good warranty God forbid i even need to use it...God Bless John...looks like i have to chose between two...

Hi John -

If you are set on a Cyclone you can post a "wanted" in the exchange here.

I might suggest a Blur - it is USA made, and a little larger, similar to the Cyclone, and you can get it in black with partial serrations -

http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/blur-black-serrated

kershawguy.com is a great place to look, he sometimes even has blemishes that are a steal, and he has the best prices around. He (Dave) is also a BF supporting vendor.

The Rake is another choice - I don't see it listed with Serrations -
http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-new/1780cbbw-blackwashed-rake-new/

You can also browse the Kershaw options here -
http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives

Merry Christmas -

mqqn (Andy)

well thank u ...i did put a WTB up too...God Bless and really appreciate the great info...John

I'm new to this site (and knives) too. I saw someone mention the Kershaw Blur above - there is currently a good deal on them over at XXXXX. I have no affiliation with that site - just passing along a good deal on a knife that might fit your criteria.

(( Bladeforums is largely supported by paid memberships. So we don't allow tips to non-paying dealers. ))

Last edited by a moderator:
if you like bigger look for the zt0300 or the 0200 if you want a non assist flipper. they both I think have been discontinued but some are still out there nos. I like the 0300 but I like a beefy handle.

well i really think i have narrowed it down two models.....i love all the feedback i now see why we all have so many different ones as it is so hard to chose...if u all had to chose between two...which one would u buy?.....here are your choices...the Kershaw Cyclone or the ZT 0350 ...i like the plain blade with no serrations...i prefer the black DLC finish ..and it needs to be the Full size ....God Bless John

Kershawguy has the ZT0350 with carbon fiber scales and M390 steel for $175, which is a great deal for that combination. Good luck on your search. I carry the big brother of the ZT0350 the ZT0300.

Well Colorado...can i ask u this...if u had to chose the Kershaw Cyclone or the ZT 0350....what is your preference?...i really like them both...appreciate the feedback too...God Bless John

well thank u so much....i thought i had a ZT all lined up but missed out...from all i have read...the ZT is the one to get....really appreciate all the help....i will more than likely buy both....it always happens that way

Also take a look at the Specbumps (model 1596), another Kershaw /Ken Onion design. They are discontinued also but are still available in black G10 and black coated S30V blade.

Back