Well I got to look at the Sebenzas and...

That's correct, unless you'd like to get off the topic of knives.

I just find it curious. I have a small Sebenza with micarta inlays and absolutely love it, but there's a whole world of great knives out there! However, if the Sebenza is all you need, I can appreciate that too. Part of me wishes I were the same way--it would certainly save me a lot of money!

I just find it curious. I have a small Sebenza with micarta inlays and absolutely love it, but there's a whole world of great knives out there! However, if the Sebenza is all you need, I can appreciate that too. Part of me wishes I were the same way--it would certainly save me a lot of money!

Looking at wtlj's feedback I think it's safe to say that he has had about every popular knife out there.

I'd say that is one opinion. CRK makes a damn fine knife, period. Their peers seem to agree based on the truck loads of awards they've earned over the last 25 years (just another opinion o course)

^ This - couldn't have said it better.

The 1st Sebenza I bought didn't blow me away - thought it was just okay. But the more knives I bought, the more I started appreciating the "simplicity" of my Sebenza. Now I have a few of them and they would be the last knives I'd sell out of my collection.

with that said - there are many other knives I equally like. :cool: it depends what mood I'm in when I get up in the morning. LOL

Looking at wtlj's feedback I think it's safe to say that he has had about every popular knife out there.

Close to it! It's been an awesome last year having around 300 production folders from every manufacturer aside from CRK's. I still appreciate many others but you likely won't find anything other than CRK's and Saks in my pocket now a days.

Close to it! It's been an awesome last year having around 300 production folders from every manufacturer aside from CRK's. I still appreciate many others but you likely won't find anything other than CRK's and Saks in my pocket now a days.

That clears up my confusion. At first I thought you were saying that Sebenzas are the only praiseworthy knives in existence.

That clears up my confusion. At first I thought you were saying that Sebenzas are the only praiseworthy knives in existence.

Oh no way! I can't speak for anyone else, can you imagine how boring it would be with no other choices!

Different strokes for different folks, good thing there are litterally thousands of others to choose from...

Some people like their Lambourgini's, others like Porsche and Ferrari better, and some would much rather have a Corvette, while still others prefer a Rolls Royce or Maybach, while yet plenty seem content with their Chevy's and Fords, and their Hondas and Toyotas. Trucks, Sedans, and all in between, nobody is "wrong" persay, (unless they start saying their Honda is just as well built as a Rolls Royce, then their just being silly).

Did not like them even a little. I tried to because they look beautiful. Did not like the feel in my hand or the liner lock. I also looked at the benchmade titanium and disliked it also so im not hating on the Sebenzas. After handeling many different knives I found I prefer knives a bit smaller.

Damn liner locks these days :cool:

They are not exactly my cup of tea either, had a few but i just didnt seem to carry them as much as i should have. Makes me feel guilty as hell having 400+ knife sitting at home. Definitely one of the best profiles in my opinion and ergos are decent in any grip.

Like the OP, I looked at and handled Sebenzas many times before purchasing and was underwhelmed. Still, I felt i needed to experience one, so i bought one. As others have said in the past, it took a couple of weeks for me to appreciate the quality and simplicity. It now holds a regular spot in my rotation. YMMV

While they're nice knives, I have to agree; they are over rated and a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns imo. 3 times the money for slightly nicer machining, fit, finish, and the notion that your better then everyone else.

P. S.

It's funny how every CRK lover can't respect any opinion of a CRK blade that isn't positive. They are not the best knives in the world guys! I find them repetitive and boring myself. They're like the team knife for team narcissist lol. I'll take a custom for the money any day myself.

It took me awhile to mature on knives also! You'll get there soon enough.

I know this wasn't directed at me; but I've seen the sentiment posted enough times to comment.
I've been carrying knives for about 40 yrs....if I haven't matured enough, yet, it probably isn't going to happen.

I'd say that is one opinion. CRK makes a damn fine knife, period. Their peers seem to agree based on the truck loads of awards they've earned over the last 25 years (just another opinion o course)

Yep. I do see them not being someone's cup of tea, but overrated they're not.

While they're nice knives, I have to agree; they are over rated and a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns imo. 3 times the money for slightly nicer machining, fit, finish, and the notion that your better then everyone else.

P. S.

It's funny how every CRK lover can't respect any opinion of a CRK blade that isn't positive. They are not the best knives in the world guys! I find them repetitive and boring myself. They're like the team knife for team narcissist lol. I'll take a custom for the money any day myself.

Funny also how the non-Sebenza fans invariably call the Sebenza fans snobs or narcissists. lol

I haven't owned a Sebenza yet, but I think it's the plain jane looks of the Sebenza that turns so many people off. I personally kinda like it.

It seems like a lot of people buy the Sebenza looking for a fancy gent's knife, but the Sebenza's actual nature and purpose is revealed in it's name which means work. It's a tool, and a damn fine one at that (from what I hear).

Maybe check out the Mnandi? It's an actual liner lock unlike the Sebenza, which is a frame lock.

Back