Well I got to look at the Sebenzas and...

While they're nice knives, I have to agree; they are over rated and a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns imo. 3 times the money for slightly nicer machining, fit, finish, and the notion that your better then everyone else.

P. S.

It's funny how every CRK lover can't respect any opinion of a CRK blade that isn't positive. They are not the best knives in the world guys! I find them repetitive and boring myself. They're like the team knife for team narcissist lol. I'll take a custom for the money any day myself.

Sorry for the blanket statement but, there are a lot of CRK owners who fit that description(more so then not imo). Not all though and I am sorry If I offended any of those ones. CRK owners just seem to tend to think that there knives are the best on the planet because of the price they paid for them I find. Like I said, great knives but, also a fine example of the law of diminishing returns.

You apologize for the blanket statement, and then do the same thing again in the below post

Just telling it like it is man. Try telling your average CRK fan that his knife isn't the best and see what happens. The top price range for any product tends to attract these types I find. Elitism and narcissism go hand in hand with high end products.

And, once people have spent the money they tend to defend the perception that it is the best even if they come to realize it's not to help justify the large chunk of coin they dropped and there decision to buy it. It's a common psychological theory called Post-purchase rationalization.

Not sure were you got your Psychology degree, but you are way off with the last part. If they/we didn't like It we would just sell it as they have very good resale.

also a fine example of the law of diminishing returns.

Could you explain this one.
My old one's are worth much more used than what I paid for them when new

Rappy, I farm 7000 acres of cotton and have a cotton gin. I carry an umnumzaan almost everyday. I have one custom knife that I carry occasionally along with a sebenza 25. My umnumzaan and 25 get the hell beaten out of them. I touch them up on a sharpmaker about once a week or more if needed.

pWZ-hg.jpg

You do realize we still use/need cotton, right ???
Maybe you only wear fancy silks :p

Last edited:
maybe i'll buy one when I'm older, my first job pays 9.50 an hour.
And I'm sorry for being such a cactus on your rear because of my opinion.

It's not because of your opinion, but rather in how you expressed them.

Who knows, I may have been worse at your age:p
I can barely remember that far back.

Last edited:
I've thoroughly enjoyed edc/using my CRK Zaan for the past couple of weeks. The fit & finish, & overall quality of CRK's, are superb; as for their customer service: nobody is better!

Oh...& my favorite feature on this awesome forum:

"Are you sure you want to add Tachead01 to your ignore list?"

^^^^
This! :thumbup::thumbup:

It's not because of your opinion, but rather in how you expressed them.

Who knows I may have been worse at your age:p
I can barely remember that far back.

Age has nothing to do with it. I'm 24, and I know people my age that still act as if they are 12... I also know people that are much older and still act the age of 12...

I don't like them either, can't stand frame locks.

That's how you express an opinion without being insulting to others :thumbup:

I did find one pic of my Small Classic Micarta I took a few years back. Hasn't been heavily used, but you can see it was carried much more often than the less expensive Sage 2(which is a great knife for the price).
I wish I had a pic of one of my 1997's I used the heck out of before I sent it in for a refurb. It looked very rough.
It now looks brand new (other than the penetrator tip I put on it long ago, that I now regret:eek:).

Last edited:
That's how to express an opinion without being insulting to others :thumbup:

I did find one pic of my Small Classic Micarta I took a few years back. Hasn't been heavily used, but you can see it was carried much more often than the less expensive Sage 2(which is a great knife for the price).
I wish I had a pic of one of my 1997's I used the heck out of before I sent it in for a refurb.
It looks brand new now (other than the penetrator tip I put on it long ago:eek:).

Great blades! Sage II is among my all time favorites.

This thread needs to be renamed "OP fails at attempt to start Sebenza war #686,294"

It wasn't even a decent attempt. Pathetic, really.

This thread needs to be renamed "OP fails at attempt to start Sebenza war #686,294"

It wasn't even a decent attempt. Pathetic, really.

You're kidding right?

Did not like them even a little. I tried to because they look beautiful. Did not like the feel in my hand or the liner lock. I also looked at the benchmade titanium and disliked it also so im not hating on the Sebenzas. After handeling many different knives I found I prefer knives a bit smaller.

Pretty honest and not in the least bit offensive.. even had caveats like "they look so beautiful" and "didn't like Benchmade Ti framelock either so it probably isn't just the Sebenza". IMO about as politely as you can express a differing opinion. Gotta give him props too for at least getting one in his HANDS and then posting his opinion. I LOVE my Sebenza. It will be my companion for many years to come. But I realize when someone is just sharing their experience and not trying to start a flame war.

Did not like them even a little. I tried to because they look beautiful. Did not like the feel in my hand or the liner lock. I also looked at the benchmade titanium and disliked it also so im not hating on the Sebenzas. After handeling many different knives I found I prefer knives a bit smaller.

Gunny, Is that you?? It's been awhile..

Last edited:
You're kidding right?

Pretty honest and not in the least bit offensive.. even had caveats like "they look so beautiful" and "didn't like Benchmade Ti framelock either so it probably isn't just the Sebenza". IMO about as politely as you can express a differing opinion. Gotta give him props too for at least getting one in his HANDS and then posting his opinion. I LOVE my Sebenza. It will be my companion for many years to come. But I realize when someone is just sharing their experience and not trying to start a flame war.

Reading between lines isn't your strong suit eh?

maybe i'll buy one when I'm older, my first job pays 9.50 an hour.
And I'm sorry for being such a cactus on your rear because of my opinion.

Though you were trying to insult me, I will tell you. There is no shame in working a job that pays $9.50 an hour. Heck, that is much more than I was making 5 years ago. Keep plugging along and eventually it will pay off, my knife collection has reached 80+ since then. Just learn to be more diplomatic in your responses and you will make many more friends in the knife community.

I don't know but, I've used my Sebenza a lot, I don't treat any of my knvies like garbage so, if you guys are looking to see something that has been thrown off the back of a truck on the freeway, then you might need to wait a while longer. Most people take care of their stuff, and whatever your definition of wear and tear or use is has no visible qualification as of this point.
Trolling will be dealt with much like a surprise birthday party. The gifts will be infractions if civility cannot be maintained. :D

Seems like a fair amount of trolling from the same old folks. They talk about the owners of the knives and not the knives themselves. They make grand claims of the knife owners not using their knives because they don't look used.

I used my large 21 micarta tonight to open a couple big boxes of different ice cream bars at a large picnic. Was it hard use? No. Did it work? Yup! And I take care of my tools so it will never really look like it was thrown off the back porch and left in the woods for days like the critics would like.

I think it's funny and a little sad that a person talks about a knife and then gets attacked. He then responds saying the fans are a bunch of narcissistic a××holes. They then attack him for saying that. And the mods allow all these attacks. Why? Why do people attacking others on behalf of a specific knife company vet a free pass? IMO if CRK was good enough to warrant all those awards and the selling price, the knives and the man who makes them wouldn't need a bunch of people making personal attacks against someone who's not used the product. All that needs to be said is that knives are like wine, some people like one brand, some people like one model, some people like them all, and some people like none.

If a dude says he doesn't like CRK, why is it so hard to say "ok, that's great. They win awards for a reason. If it's not your thing, then great. Why resort to insulting a man because of his experience/opinion? Do you really believe Chris Reeve would want you tarnishing his reputation because you're a rabid fan? Leave the guys alone, if they never buy one, never handle one, and never lay so much as a finger on one, what's it matter to you? Are YOU Chris Reeve? Do you own stock in his company? Why do YOU personally involve yourself in something in which you have ZERO control?

If you like them, great. If someone else doesn't, fine. Stop attacking those who feel differently than you or have had different experiences than you.

Personally, I don't care for the XM18. I think it's overrated at this point. I think they're worth about 200 bucks brand new. I think the add ons are ridiculous and completely and ludicrously overpriced. I think their customer service and warranty kind of suck (With the exception of Rick Hinderer himself, he seems like a decent dude). Am I going to be attacked now because it's been a fad knife for some time? What have I said that personally affects YOU?

Last edited:
*snip* I think it's funny and a little sad that a person talks about a knife and then gets attacked. He then responds saying the fans are a bunch of narcissistic a××holes. They then attack him for saying that. *snip*

Did you even read the whole thread ? The guy you're talking about cut the owners at the same time as the knife. It wasn't the OP. No problem with anyone not liking the knife, as we all like different things in a knife.

I even pointed out a good example of how one poster expressed his negative feelings about the knife without being insulting to CRK owners.
You may want to read the whole thread....and also make that font smaller, please.

This is the guy you're talking about, and this was his FIRST post in the thread.......
While they're nice knives, I have to agree; they are over rated and a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns imo. 3 times the money for slightly nicer machining, fit, finish, and the notion that your better then everyone else.

P. S.

It's funny how every CRK lover can't respect any opinion of a CRK blade that isn't positive. They are not the best knives in the world guys! I find them repetitive and boring myself. They're like the team knife for team narcissist lol. I'll take a custom for the money any day myself.

Last edited:
Back