Well...It's Friday...

Wow!
Now that you mention it... That Ruby Red Bush Tasker would make a nice pairing with my Fiddleback Fighter. ;)

IMG_7194-vi.jpg

Nothing to see here folks... Move along, move along. :D

The new model Reapers and Bush Taskers being introduced this week are looking good... :thumbsup:
I don’t know, you sure it wouldn’t be better to wait for one without the trinity pinout? The clashing pin design would really bother me... But, hey, it’s up to you :)

Wow!
Now that you mention it... That Ruby Red Bush Tasker would make a nice pairing with my Fiddleback Fighter. ;)

IMG_7194-vi.jpg

Nothing to see here folks... Move along, move along. :D

The new model Reapers and Bush Taskers being introduced this week are looking good... :thumbsup:
Exceptionally nice Fighter @PolRoger!! I hope you score The Bush Tasker

Nah, mango red is definitely the way to go. Trust me, I’m from NY. Fashion capital of the world and all...

Chili red? ...meh... *shrug*
The red dyed mango would match that on my red dyed mango Esquire. And I've got lots of Ruby burlap for the other one. Different strokes for different knifeknuts but always good variety from Fiddleback so there's just a certain level of patience once needs to get to - waiting and lurking for the right one to pop up. That in itself is part of the fun of it.

What I'm curious most about (week after week, after month) is the the blade stock thickness. For me personally, there has just been an overabundance of 1/8" and even though there are 1/8" TT and high grinds that help, the 1/8" has become a deal killer for me (unless I have a moment of weakness). Not all that love Fiddlebacks do bushcrafting and some prefer the thinner blade stock. @Fiddleback I have heard there is more stock loss with 3/32 but there are those of us who just plain prefer the thinner stuff. Whether Fiddleback Friday, OTC, DLT or the Outpost, etc., they have all just been a source of frustration for me for a number of months. Absolutely beautiful knives that I just can't buy. I could have easily gone for half the DLT batch that landed yesterday but alas ... ugh! The upside I guess is that 1/8 helps keep my spending under better control. I promise that I'm not trying to be a whiny butt pain in the keister here, but if you don't get feedback then you don't know the thoughts that are out there.

@allen456 just tagging you here for general feedback also. I would have loved to have gone for the Bobcat this week but the thickness just doesn't work for me. Sure, someone snatched it up but ... you and Andy have at least one super loyal and supportive customer who just hasn't been to make purchases like I used to, when the mix of blade stock thickness had a better balance. I have no idea if I'm in the minority or majority here but it could be one of the factors attributing to the Friday frenzies not

Andy/Allen,
Just forking around here (get it, forking around? :D) a bit for an example .. You just can't fit 1/8" between most fork tines. Yes, I'm accustomed to cutting with the blade along side the fork but when my wife or one of my kids (with supervision) is handed a custom knife and reminded about the fork tines, they still friggen get the blade stuck and jammed between the tines. And then besides that, 3/32 tends to be a better slicer whereas thicker blades tend to split rather than slice.

Anyway, thanks for your consideration. And have a safe and Happy New Year!
Jerry

The Lil Lady is 3/32 SFT and fits easily. I love the Bushnub and Handyman but they're 1/8" TT and they just can't fit.
2v2uM5CyjxAKujh.jpg

VANCE VANCE How thick/thin is that Conasauga handle?
from the spine to center swell its 1.48" Tall
same spot----side to side it's .754"

from side to side at the front pins .6925"

from side to side at the lanyard tube .744ish" ...this one is varying

What I'm curious most about (week after week, after month) is the the blade stock thickness. For me personally, there has just been an overabundance of 1/8" and even though there are 1/8" TT and high grinds that help, the 1/8" has become a deal killer for me (unless I have a moment of weakness). Not all that love Fiddlebacks do bushcrafting and some prefer the thinner blade stock. @Fiddleback I have heard there is more stock loss with 3/32 but there are those of us who just plain prefer the thinner stuff. Whether Fiddleback Friday, OTC, DLT or the Outpost, etc., they have all just been a source of frustration for me for a number of months. Absolutely beautiful knives that I just can't buy. I could have easily gone for half the DLT batch that landed yesterday but alas ... ugh! The upside I guess is that 1/8 helps keep my spending under better control. I promise that I'm not trying to be a whiny butt pain in the keister here, but if you don't get feedback then you don't know the thoughts that are out there.

I wonder the same thing. I get more use out of 3/32 blade stock. Is there a reason why we haven’t seen much 3/32 lately?

I have also been waiting for a bobcat from Alllen. Maybe someday I’ll get my hands on one.

Last edited:
The red dyed mango would match that on my red dyed mango Esquire. And I've got lots of Ruby burlap for the other one. Different strokes for different knifeknuts but always good variety from Fiddleback so there's just a certain level of patience once needs to get to - waiting and lurking for the right one to pop up. That in itself is part of the fun of it.

@allen456 just tagging you here for general feedback also. I would have loved to have gone for the Bobcat this week but the thickness just doesn't work for me. Sure, someone snatched it up but ... you and Andy have at least one super loyal and supportive customer who just hasn't been to make purchases like I used to, when the mix of blade stock thickness had a better balance. I have no idea if I'm in the minority or majority here but it could be one of the factors attributing to the Friday frenzies not

Andy/Allen,
Just forking around here (get it, forking around? :D) a bit for an example .. You just can't fit 1/8" between most fork tines. Yes, I'm accustomed to cutting with the blade along side the fork but when my wife or one of my kids (with supervision) is handed a custom knife and reminded about the fork tines, they still friggen get the blade stuck and jammed between the tines. And then besides that, 3/32 tends to be a better slicer whereas thicker blades tend to split rather than slice.

Anyway, thanks for your consideration. And have a safe and Happy New Year!
Jerry

The Lil Lady is 3/32 SFT and fits easily. I love the Bushnub and Handyman but they're 1/8" TT and they just can't fit.
2v2uM5CyjxAKujh.jpg
I'm with Jerry here as I prefer thinner stock on most of my edc blades. I still buy 1/8" and TT 1/8" but normally the 3/32" is more appealing. I've been watching for a 3/32" Hiking Buddy in wood for a while now. I just thought I'd voice my preference for thin stock as well so maybe we can see more on FF!

Good morning everyone!

Looking forward to the lineup - though I’ll only be watching from the sidelines. Have two new ones waiting for me at the post office (no delivery yesterday due to the ‘bomb cyclone’...)

Back