Well...It's Friday...

Good morning and Happy Friday!! What is the Irish saying? May the road rise up to meet you and the wind be at your back. And one I thought of: Count your blessings and be the reason someone smiles today. If you have both of these, the day can only get better. Of course, having your Fiddleback or cousin nearby also helps.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! It has been a pleasure these last many years getting to know you all, sharing our lives, friends and interests. That is why we become a part of a community like this wonderful place. But I’m out. I have spent three years chasing and trying to find “The One”. In retrospect, I have bought 13 F2's and I can’t get in the zip code of “The One”. I’m not missing, but week after week after week after week, I’m not seeing the knives that are close to what I want. I’m sure FF thinks they know what the perfect knife is and we get to fight over it. In reality it’s all just the same old, same old in above average designs and bland flavors. I know exactly what I want because I use it everyday, and if I’m expected to spend $350, I don’t want something sort of close to the idea of what I was looking for. Do you really believe that this community would not exponentially advance the offering of FF if they produced the knifes we request and purchase?

It’s too bad FF can’t figure out a way to produce custom or semi-custom product from time to time because there are many people that can. I will commission what I want and leave the whole ”chasing” to you all cult followers. I hope FF evolves because there are skilled makers out there and I’m tired of paying $300 for something that is not exactly what I want. There are many exciting new artists to follow that are day by day diluting my time in the FF threads. The only reason FF knives sell for north of $300 is this small community that thinks FF small batch knifes are unique and collectible. The second we think these are just knifes, you are selling a fraction of your weekly run at $150 a pop and the rest will end up in distribution. If FF opened up to custom orders, do you honestly think you would get 4,000 orders you can’t handle? There are 1500 people in the world that know FF exists. Make knifes this community wants! As each one of us leave for better, cooler or just different product, a small percentage of the premium FF relies on disappears.

I'm not going to tell you how to run FF but I know from talking to people in the shop that there is a working concept for a "Black Label" limited custom product that works with your existing offering. Just like the weekly run, you release a limited number of custom slots. This has been bumping around for quite some time, make it a reality.

Wake up Andy, working in a paper mill sucks.

I don’t believe many likes will come your way zharris zharris It is a right to have your own opinion and I respect that but much of what you said is unnecessary. Things come and go for many people. It appears FF is a past thing in your eyes and that’s ok! Go to what works for you. Nobody will be upset here amongst the FF cult. The way I see it, posting this in at least four areas is limiting the positive time you can be using to find that perfect knife my friend. And frankly it’s a buzz killer. We get your point. It’s not for everyone. On the contrary, Fiddleback Forge has been very good to me. Excellent people who have become excellent friends. Some of my favorite knives are Fiddleback Forge knives. And many worthy of passing down to future knife users in my family. We wish you best of luck. Maybe we’ll see you back here someday.

“choppaman”

Back