WEREWOLF III

Hi Guys!
Here's another Werewolf that I made for a customer.
This project kicked my ass, like a lot. First I broke the blade while atempting to straighten it. Obviously I had to make another one. When I got the second blade finished, then wood block for a handle appeard to be cracked. Everything that could go wrong just went wrong... But now it's done and I'm happy to have it out of my way.

Blade is made from A8mod steel, hardened to 58HRC and it's 7,5 inch long. I used stabilized curly maple for a handle.

iPSJjcX.jpg
zunwaLw.jpg
LeatJeM.jpg
0umxh1m.jpg
RKdoQTZ.jpg
jgz64ba.jpg
uB1PRg8.jpg
jCtJzfU.jpg
Obu3faU.jpg
v5fZHcF.jpg

Best regards

Last edited:
This knife turned out beautifully Lucas! Sorry you had so many troubles while building this one.

I've been interested in the A8/A8Mod. How does it compare in practical use with A2?

I've been interested in the A8/A8Mod. How does it compare in practical use with A2?
A8mod is more tough, it has less tendency to chip or brake and it has lots of chromium 8-9%, which makes it highly resistant to rust. I had a knife made from A8mod for over a year and it didn't develop any kind of patina or rust over this period of time. And it was heavy worker so I didn't payed much care to this knife.

Back