Western Movies

How do you respond to people that say they don't like Westerns?

• Walk away

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bust a Cap, then Walk Away

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Pictures, quotes, opinions, suggestions, everything Western.

"If you're honest you're poor your whole life and in the end you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street."

B0035JPUD0_highnoon_UXPA1._RI_SX940_.jpg
Post 'em up Pilgrims

Reserved for a favorites list

The Big Country 1958
Burl Ives is a Badass/Chuck Connors a coward, Charlton Heston/Gregory Peck fistfight,
Great Movie about Integrity

Last edited:
love it mack. and i'm sad to say, i don't think i've ever seen that one. added to the list!

ha excellent. and i've actually heard of them, but always forget. i literally wrote it down this time. gosh i'm old. thanks for the reminder!

so i saw Hostiles the other night. was really looking forward to it. i will hold my opinion. anyone else seen it?

so i saw Hostiles the other night. was really looking forward to it. i will hold my opinion. anyone else seen it?
Was it made after 1978?

I believe Sheldon has seen it . Said it wasn't what you'd expect.

Was it made after 1978?

Released 2018. There were some good ones released after 78. Tombstone, Unforgiven and Pale Rider come to mind. Quigly Down Under gets an honorable mention.

Aside from the typical Hollywood 15 shot revolvers and shotguns that send people flying across the alley, Open Range with Robert Duvall and Kevin Costerner is pretty good.

The mini-series Lonesome Dove is definitely worth the time.

The book Lonesome Dove was good. I'll stick to that. I saw Pale Rider and it was classic Eastwood. Quigley was interesting, I want his rifle.

There's nothing like a nice piece of Hickory.

:cool::p

Liam Neeson is a one trick pony in my opinion but, Seraphim Falls is an underrated film. Pierce Brosnan has a gorgeous knife that gets plenty of screen time to boot.

The Hateful Eight is a Quentin Tarintino excuse to drop "the N word" as many times as he can in 90 minutes but it has some good scenes. The ridiculously exaggerated amount of blood is almost worse than the over application of the N word. Still, some good dialogue and characters.

My personal favorite is Josey Wales, but we cannot forget the original Magnificent Seven, I have not seen the new one with Denzel Washington. Another I like but I am not sure if you call it a western is The Horse Soliders with John Wayne. What is the one where John Wayne was going to retire from the US Cavalry? Is that one She Wore a Yellow Ribbon? Cannot forget good old Clint in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and honorable mention is Three Mules for Sister Sarah. Lastly, Jimmy Stewart, the Comancheros.

Last edited:
Back