Western Movies

How do you respond to people that say they don't like Westerns?

• Walk away

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bust a Cap, then Walk Away

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
I tried to watch one with Trace Adkins, (he was a saloon owner or something) it was....
tenor.gif

The last Western I watched was Silver Saddle. It's a late Spaghetti Western. While not the best, it was enjoyable. Geoffrey Lewis was particularly good in it.

Ok, I have not watched any movies lately, but did finish a Western type book by an author who lives in Orange, VA. He is a preacher, an amateur Civil War buff, so about ten years ago he wrote this book, I have attempted to read it several times over the years. A confederate solider comes home after the war, finds the old home place in bad shape, and his father had passed. He sells the place and with the money goes to TX to start a new life. An easy read but pleasant, much like a Louie La’More story with good bits of history thrown in, so I would call it historical fiction.

Attachments

• A5E02401-6A19-4EED-B332-0B9A925F3A03.jpeg
    A5E02401-6A19-4EED-B332-0B9A925F3A03.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 5
Just did a little searching, he died in 2013. He also has another one that is sort of a follow up to the first one, a few years later, reuniting the reader with characaters from the first one and creating a new story. It is called The Ragan Brothers. I wanted to contribute to this thread but only have read a book. :)

Found one on Amazon used for 6 bucks. The Ragan Brothers was a bit more....:oops:
20210603_081707.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, do not know why that site does that, but you can get used starting at about 4.99. May have to get it now, the cheaper copies.

That is so cool you got the book, I hope you enjoy it, it is just a good easy read. I have to get the sequel, the lesser copy. :D Great knife too, just what the main character could have carried....maybe.:)
That was an entertaining read, thanks for suggesting it. I'll have to find the sequel.

If anyone else wants to read it let me know and I'll send it your way.

Did you finish it sort of quickly? I have picked it up and down two times over the years trying to finish it, just side tracked with other books and life.

I read it I a couple of sittings. I don't read as much as I used to but when I do I get sucked in pretty quickly.

The Unforgiven is probably the most realistic depiction of how things were back then.

Not a movie, but Have Gun Will Travel was pretty down to earth for a TV series. Paladin would run out of bullets and had to use his wits to survive. They recycled a bunch of actors throughout that series, including Charles Bronson.

This would be an interesting saloon to hang out in.

Attachments

• 271244586_2427473347383358_4575362990240272799_n.jpg
    271244586_2427473347383358_4575362990240272799_n.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 12
That's awesome. I don't recognize the 4th and 5th from the left or the guy next to Lee Van Cleef, he has a Sam Elliot thing goin on but I don't recognize the character.

It is still amazing that even they would be standing up alive, so much bravado that no one would be able to walk away without stirring up a challenge!! Did I miss Clint Eastwood?

It is still amazing that even they would be standing up alive, so much bravado that no one would be able to walk away without stirring up a challenge!! Did I miss Clint Eastwood?
Yeah, a guy better hold his tongue in that room.

Henry Fonda, Yul Brenner, Eli Wallach, Unknown, Unknown, Jack Elam, Lee Marvin, Gene Hackman, Jack Palance, Unknown (Sam Elliot maybe?), Lee Van Cleef, and the dead guy on the floor looks like the "We don't need no Badges" guy from Treasure of the Sierra Madre". Maybe Clint Eastwood is the guy in the mirror.

Back