Western Movies

How do you respond to people that say they don't like Westerns?

• Walk away

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bust a Cap, then Walk Away

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
There you go, finally found Marshall Dillon. Anyone see Randolph Scott or Andy Murphy? Probably in there.
I don't see either. All I know is somebody better cut Hoss off from the whisky, he looks drunk as a skunk. Is that Cain from Kung Fu Theatre at the end of the bar???

It sure if this qualifies, but just watched Bad Day at Black Rock. Awesome move, Spencer Tracy, Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Walter Brennan.

It sure if this qualifies, but just watched Bad Day at Black Rock. Awesome move, Spencer Tracy, Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Walter Brennan.
That's an awesome movie if I'm thinking of the right one. Is Spencer Tracy kind of a quiet badass in it?

Ooh yeah that's an awesome movie. That was the first movie I saw him in as a tough guy, I think I'd only seen him in "it's a mad mad mad mad world" before that and was surprised how great of a badass he played.

One of my all time favorites. I often use the line "you're not only wrong, you're wrong at the top of your voice".

The Mandalorian was a decent space western. The Book of Boba Fett was pretty terrible and just dull I thought.The Critical Drinker hit the nail on the head here I'd say.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but they turned Boba Fett into a putz.

The Mandalorian was a decent space western. The Book of Boba Fett was pretty terrible and just dull I thought.The Critical Drinker hit the nail on the head here I'd say.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but they turned Boba Fett into a putz.

The Mandalorian was the best new TV I'd seen in a long time. It was a good space western. It was also the best "Star Wars" content I've seen since the original movies (before Lucas "fixed" them.) The post-imperial setting gave me flashbacks to both Firefly and later seasons of Blakes 7.

The Book of Boba Fett was disappointing but I guess I shouldn't have expected lightning to strike twice. At least it wasn't an abomination like so much other modern TV.

One of the great things about the Mandalorian was it was pretty low dialogue for the most part like the old spaghetti westerns and the main character was stoic. They tried to do the same stoicism with Boba Fett but it made him seem like a senile old man lost in the supermarket.

I watched an abysmal Western not too long ago - actually, I couldn't even finish it and that's saying something.

The Harder They Fall - came out last year. It has Idris Elba and Zazie Beets (both of whom I love) and a number of other notable actors. I'm not entirely sure why I disliked it so much other than I don't have a great fondness for gold-plated guns, hip hop, or shell casings raining on the ground (Matrix style) in a gun battle involving single action revolvers.... :rolleyes: Not to mention, everyone is so stinkin' clean! I've done enough Civil War re-enacting to know that just an hour or two around dust, black powder, and horses is enough to make you grimy as hell.

It was well received critically (I have no idea why) but ultimately it was far too stylish for my tastes and had very little in the way of substance. 'Twas a miss, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Started seeing some of Unforgiven on TV, realized how much I missed the first time.
I had high hopes for The Unforgiven when it came out. First new western with Clint Eastwood since Pale Rider (was there any in between?), I was in!

First time I saw it I thought it had some great scenes but overall kind of slow and boring. Were it not for the insanely great ending I would have called it a dud. But I'm with you Craig, the second time around I enjoyed it a lot more.

We talkin bout this one...
MV5BODM3YWY4NmQtN2Y3Ni00OTg0LWFhZGQtZWE3ZWY4MTJlOWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

Not this one....
(Burt Lancaster, Audrey Hepburn)
Unforgiven60.jpg

Hepburn was such a class act and what an absolute babe.
tumblr_mc8y0nNfHg1qm0kmzo1_500.jpg

....and probably why I've always found posture to be one of the most attractive attributes in a woman.
images

0bef2ec60cbb90365daf5a68dcecd89d.jpg

Back