Western Movies

How do you respond to people that say they don't like Westerns?

• Walk away

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bust a Cap, then Walk Away

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
I like to watch a few old western series on another channel when they come on Saturday mornings. Laramie, have gun will travel, dead or alive with Steve McQueen, etc. Grit tv channel has the old movies.

Space western is a genre, who knew? Season 2 is coming.

This thread was a fun read. I'm especially fond of Spaghetti Westerns, with Once Upon a Time in the West being one of my favorites.

Long before the Mandalorian, Firefly was something of a space western. Despite only airing for a season and airing out of order, it achieved cult status for a reason. It also stood on the shoulders of a less western but very interesting show about gritty and morally grey space outlaws: Blake's 7.

Once upon a time in the west is a great movie though Henry Fonda as a bad guy always threw me off. His character in "My Name is Nobody" was the best, reminded me a lot of my Grandpa, a kind and stoic badass.

I always wondered what was behind this scene where Nodoby calls out Sam Peckinpahs name on a tombstone.

Speaking of Peckinpah, Pat Garett and Billy the Kid was a good one with Bob Dylan acting and in the soundtrack.

What'd you think of it? Just arrived in my mailbox today.

Have not seen it yet, just the trailer, so I hope someone had. Finding the time on a weekend would be great to sit down with some popcorn, curl up with a blanket on the couch to see it.

Have not seen it yet, just the trailer, so I hope someone had. Finding the time on a weekend would be great to sit down with some popcorn, curl up with a blanket on the couch to see it.

Well, I guess it's up to me to report back then! :D

Will we all need to see it, and compare notes...sort of like At the Movies with Siskel and Ebert used to do. :p You are about my age if you know who they were. There is another western within the last year out that escapes my mind. Again, if you know how we forget things, you may be my age, 50+.

Will we all need to see it, and compare notes...sort of like At the Movies with Siskel and Ebert used to do. :p You are about my age if you know who they were. There is another western within the last year out that escapes my mind. Again, if you know how we forget things, you may be my age, 50+.
Isn't that these two clowns? :p ;)

200.gif

tenor.gif

News of the world?
I started it, but then run out of time. 'haps too early to say, but seems interesting
Starting it now...

Starting it now...
Well...

Overall, disappointed. :( Painfully slow-moving, predictable, and I just couldn't buy New Mexico as East Texas (having spent plenty of time in both locals) as hard as they were trying to sell it.

It was well-filmed, and decently-acted, but the story was pretty weak. I couldn't buy it. Oh well. :shrug:

Thanks for the input, I will try to see it soon. Take care and have a great week. :p

Well...

Overall, disappointed. :( Painfully slow-moving, predictable, and I just couldn't buy New Mexico as East Texas (having spent plenty of time in both locals) as hard as they were trying to sell it.

It was well-filmed, and decently-acted, but the story was pretty weak. I couldn't buy it. Oh well. :shrug:

First - it's good to see you back, Jared. I hope the break was good for your soul or whatever.

Second, I am notoriously forgiving when it comes to Westerns so despite the lackluster review, I'll still watch it and to be frank, I will probably enjoy it :oops:. In my circle of friends over here, I think only one of them shares my appreciation of the genre. Every week, we have been doing a movie night, we try to squeeze as many Westerns in as we can. I think I will put the Tom Hanks one on the docket for this week.

Last week, we watched Rio Bravo. I forgot how much ol' Stumpy cracks me up.

Zrg6eEr.gif

Hud is on Amazon Prime, one of my all time favorites. If this doesn't make you appreciate Black and White movies then nothing will.
tumblr_op1cdfExf21qe4ru4o1_540.gifv

First - it's good to see you back, Jared. I hope the break was good for your soul or whatever.

Second, I am notoriously forgiving when it comes to Westerns so despite the lackluster review, I'll still watch it and to be frank, I will probably enjoy it :oops:. In my circle of friends over here, I think only one of them shares my appreciation of the genre. Every week, we have been doing a movie night, we try to squeeze as many Westerns in as we can. I think I will put the Tom Hanks one on the docket for this week.

Last week, we watched Rio Bravo. I forgot how much ol' Stumpy cracks me up.

Zrg6eEr.gif
Thanks Dylan. ;) Break was mostly about lack of time to post, lol. It doesn't hurt to do that every so often, IMO.

The movie was watchable, just mainly slow. The sad part is they could have made it better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I watched Badland last night.

I have to admit, it was shite from start to finish. Every western movie cliche rolled into one steaming turd.

The only part I almost liked was the fist fight. It didn’t drag on for twenty minutes with superhero roundhouse punches that sent the recipient flying across the yard and both fighters were winded and battered afterwards. Almost realistic.

Save yourself the trouble. It’s terrible.

Back