Western Santoku - Sold! - Thanks Guys!

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a kitchen knife design that I have been working on for some time. The santoku is great all around kitchen knife that does well with both meats and vegetables.

The blade is constructed of AEB-L steel hardened to 62 HRC. I performed all heat treating operations, including 2 cryogenic treatments.

AEB-L is quickly becoming one of my favorite steels due to it's outstanding performance. It is very easy to sharpen and takes an amazing edge!

The handle is constructed from textured black G10 with flattened facets and a bright blue liner. On this particular knife I was trying to emulate the look and feel of traditional Japanese octagon handles on a western style handle.

The handle is very comfortable and a great size for any user. It's very grippy, and is secured with 4 6-32 screws.

The tang is tapered vertically to improve balance and create a slight taper to the handles that I find very comfortable during prolonged use.

The blade features a full height "plungeless" flat grind and a fine hand rubbed satin finish. This is my preferred grind for most kitchen knives due to performance and aesthetics.

The blade was ground to about .007" prior to sharpening. This allows for a thin, yet durable edge that is optimized for cutting. The blade is 2.03" at the heel.

This is a great all around kitchen knife for amateur or professional chef alike!

- AEB-L
- 62 HRC
- Extremely lightweight
- Satin finish
- Textured G10 handles
- .103" Stock
- Full height "plungeless" flat grind
- Tapered tang
- Just over 12.5" OAL, Actual cutting edge of about 6.8"
- Razor Sharp

Sold!

This price includes shipping and all fees.

PayPal or money order preferred.

PayPal Address:

LMJMITCHELL@GMAIL.COM

Thanks for looking! :)

**I have added an additional picture of the handle to better show the shape**

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg