Westinghouse Micarta, Ivorite, other vintage phenolics, etc.

White paper micarta from the Dozier shop circa 2002.
Photo taken last year or so...

cuemod6final-1_zps599a13c8.jpg

Last edited:
One (of a couple) knives with Rag Micarta. The history behind it is amazing.

This is a Kit Carson subhilt. Duh. lol Just that you don't see these (Carson subhilts) very often.

Kit told me this was subhilt was a "one-off, special order." Kit also told me he made very few knives with Rag Micarta. One, the old stuff was near impossible to find. Two, it was a PITA to work. He said this particular Rag Micarta came out of a science lab in a high school.

View media item 4

View media item 3

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I made a few out of some butterscotch vintage I do not know for certain if its Westinghouse but it is very nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 4
Came across a nice surplus of vintage Micarta. Will post pics up soon.

I will say this. 3 sheets of this stuff was HEAVY.

This thread refuses to die lol.

I couldn't even begin to post photos of all the stuff I've managed to find since I started it back in the day, and got obsessed with this old material. It's seemingly a never ending quest.

Here's a customer photo of one I took to Blade this year (the knife on the right obviously), in ultra-rare, black rag micarta. Antique Rust Blued Vintage (Hanson's) W2 blade and spring, with anodized Ti liners, shadow bushing, and domed pins, pattern is Evan Niccolaides' Longhorn Jack (thanks bro!): streaks are just oil on the blade.
bullnoseandme.jpg

Back