Whacha Been Up To......

Good deal, looks great! Maybe try putting some gum or Quick Slick on the flesh side of the the interior and the belt loop and slick it hard before you fold over. This will help with the fuzzies some.

right! I tried sandpaper, it didn’t do much but make it worse. I’m about out of this leather and then I have some much nicer stuff from Weaver. I had this template cut out already and it fit this knife perfect, so I went with it.

if I do another with this leather I’ll try slicking it down!

Hey there everyone. Haven’t posted in a minute, but have still been making “sheaths and such.”

U4oBAkM.jpg

Q8J0GGS.jpg

XJSw96r.jpg

Howdy sheathists, it's been a while, here's one I finished recently. I call the knife a Fanger cause I like to make up words and the saber toothed cat is kinda fangy, no? He looks mad too!
19-33 2.JPG 19-33 3.JPG

I wanted to try out my new basket weave stamp and stitching pony so I figured I'd try a wallet.

3C0B1248-18DA-4DF4-915E-DE91788CB28A.jpeg

and the other side
87B3829A-BD87-4698-A03B-BD044F273FFB.jpeg

And finally the inside
4EDDF40A-D837-45EA-806C-82CCEE1E0434.jpeg

Now I understand why they sell wallet interiors. 3oz leather is a little thick in there. Everything is tight and cozy.... we'll see if it loosens up some. At least I can't overstuff it :)
Thanks for lookin'

Wow great postings guys!!
Hey there everyone. Haven’t posted in a minute, but have still been making “sheaths and such.”

U4oBAkM.jpg

Q8J0GGS.jpg

XJSw96r.jpg

Super clean sir! Very nice. The stamping reminds me of the foggy day we gathered cattle, last Friday.

rxvPMAC.jpg

Howdy sheathists, it's been a while, here's one I finished recently. I call the knife a Fanger cause I like to make up words and the saber toothed cat is kinda fangy, no? He looks mad too!
View attachment 1273925 View attachment 1273926

Wow that is your best figure carving yet I've seen, great job! Ya do TN Walking Horses? Got a guy wants me to do one on a sheath and figure carving ain't my thing. Maybe I'll send em your way.

I wanted to try out my new basket weave stamp and stitching pony so I figured I'd try a wallet.

3C0B1248-18DA-4DF4-915E-DE91788CB28A.jpeg

and the other side
87B3829A-BD87-4698-A03B-BD044F273FFB.jpeg

And finally the inside
4EDDF40A-D837-45EA-806C-82CCEE1E0434.jpeg

Now I understand why they sell wallet interiors. 3oz leather is a little thick in there. Everything is tight and cozy.... we'll see if it loosens up some. At least I can't overstuff it :)
Thanks for lookin'

Good job my friend. Thats a cool stamp with the diamond in the middle.

Wow that is your best figure carving yet I've seen, great job! Ya do TN Walking Horses? Got a guy wants me to do one on a sheath and figure carving ain't my thing. Maybe I'll send em your way.
Hi Horsewright Horsewright , thanks for the kind words. I've only done one horse and know I could do better next time. A standing horse in profile on a sheath might get pretty small. If you don't want to clog up the thread here can you PM me a concept sketch/dimensions or a picture and I'll have a look and maybe turn out a practice piece or two or...?. I'd be honored to give it a go!

Hi Horsewright Horsewright , thanks for the kind words. I've only done one horse and know I could do better next time. A standing horse in profile on a sheath might get pretty small. If you don't want to clog up the thread here can you PM me a concept sketch/dimensions or a picture and I'll have a look and maybe turn out a practice piece or two or...?. I'd be honored to give it a go!

Well he changed his mind. Now he wants a rough out pancake with a border stamp.

Thats a cool stamp with the diamond in the middle.
Christmas gift, I think it came from Weaver. Straight sides on the stamp make it so much easier to keep aligned and tracking true.
The other stamp I have with rounded sides gave me fits.
The stitching pony is one of those 'smack yourself in the forehead' kind of items.
I should've got one of these years ago....

Christmas gift, I think it came from Weaver. Straight sides on the stamp make it so much easier to keep aligned and tracking true.
The other stamp I have with rounded sides gave me fits.
The stitching pony is one of those 'smack yourself in the forehead' kind of items.
I should've got one of these years ago....

One of the JWP/Horseshoe stamps?

Isn't that a different stamp than your wallet?
Oh, sorry. I thought you were referring to the stamp that "wanders" on me.

The new stamp, used on the wallet, was from, I believe, Weaver. That's about all I know since it was a Christmas gift but I did see a Weaver box arrive at the house before it was hustled off to an undisclosed location....

Finished off a few misc leather projects. Some belts:

U91slAJ.jpg

Rp4Yr9N.jpg

SffRZVN.jpg

FoWOtZy.jpg

Couple sheaths and a holster. Sometimes ya might have the same gun but with a longer barrel. Not a problem just stick it out as far as ya need too. This was for a 3" Ruger GP100 and I had a 6".

oOi7eaV.jpg

dTILhJu.jpg

Dave,
How do you get such a clean maker's mark on that buffalo? Mine end up barely showing.
Randy

Dave,
How do you get such a clean maker's mark on that buffalo? Mine end up barely showing.
Randy

Did ya have the veg tan buffalo? There is a chrome tan one too and it don't stamp worth a darn. The veg tan ain't that great and the mnaker's mark is the only stamping we'll do on the stuff. We're looking at a small custom electric branding iron to mark leather that doesn't stamp well.

Back