Whacha Been Up To......

Mine is veg tan, at least according to Weaver. It does shed water though.

Yeah same stuff I use. Weaver has the chrome tan too. Just hit er hard I guess, not really doing anything different. I don't dampen the water buffalo first like I would reg veggie tan.

Probably wrong place to ask, but what the heck :) Has there been a thread for machine sewing do’s, dont’s, tips, tricks, etc ??? I tried searching but found nothing just for that. Should or could one be started if there’s not one ? Reason I ask is I now have a Cobra 4 :) :) :) and boy I have questions lol :)

Go "Tips and tricks for Cobra sewing machines" group on FaceBook for answers and help on all Cobra equipment. Join the group and learn!

Use search on YouTube for "Cobra class 4 sewing machine instructional video by Al Bane"

Go "Tips and tricks for Cobra sewing machines" group on FaceBook for answers and help on all Cobra equipment. Join the group and learn!

Use search on YouTube for "Cobra class 4 sewing machine instructional video by Al Bane"

Great !!!!! Thank you very much :)

Heck I didn't know about that either. if I can help ya can call anytime too.

Dave,
How do you get such a clean maker's mark on that buffalo? Mine end up barely showing.
Randy

On the softer chrome tan water buffalo we've gone to burning Horsewright on with a wood burning tool:

L8Q9hTk.jpg

We're exploring having a custom electric brand made to do this consistently:

https://buckeyeengraving.com/custom-branding-irons/

Recent project just shipped:

K0BH3Xm.jpg

5W2C22C.jpg

jGcrn2v.jpg

The branding iron sounds like a good idea. Could also work in those cases where you forget to put on the mark before assembly ( I have some experience here). I have tried the burning tools and they work pretty well if you have a good template.
Randy

Very cool glad that roundknife is working for ya! Nice work on the sheaths! Sewn with the new Cobra?

That knife is sharp my friend !!!!!! First outing from the sheath it got me lol :) Just a pin hole ;)
Love that knife !!!
Those are hand sewn, but the attachment was done on Cobra.
I’ll be posting some pics this week with sheaths from the Cobra 4 :)

That knife is sharp my friend !!!!!! First outing from the sheath it got me lol :) Just a pin hole ;)
Love that knife !!!
Those are hand sewn, but the attachment was done on Cobra.
I’ll be posting some pics this week with sheaths from the Cobra 4 :)

Yeah, when I make a roundknife I always use it to cut its own sheath out to test drive it first before shipping. Thanks for the order glad its working, looking forward to the pics.

i agree with Amy! Very clean and also distinctive.

Basket stamp belt with brand heading off to Australia:

Qij6E4Z.jpg

VyzLu2W.jpg

Prototype castrator in a grey water buffalo boot sheath. Been through two brandings now we like it:

vGDi74q.jpg

2Syo8aS.jpg

NXacXcb.jpg

Waiting for the next bull calf thats gonna become a steer calf:

SKQFoxn.jpg

JB8qPZx.jpg

hfcqReB.jpg

Emma was helping with that too:

IvOo8Ae.jpg

2KHNQh2.jpg

I REALLY need to get a round knife.

the bit of thin leather for the clip was a PITA with a box cutter.

overall I’m pleased with how this one went from start to finish. I could’ve made it a bit more narrow, but it holds the knife well and I think it looks ok.
View attachment 1287609 View attachment 1287608 View attachment 1287610

Good deal. on mine I only welt the bottom half of that boot sheath. Kinda gives it a spring like retention deal. Instead of staying open like it will with a full welt it closes. Ya have to squeeze the sides to open it up. Great retention. Give that a try on your next one.

Back