Whacha Been Up To......

66B0C5A1-EF31-4707-AD57-2618988FBAFB.jpeg 5DAA59E6-404C-4700-A786-97D85DCA2F34.jpeg Hello all. Some recent works (not knife related). My first go at pancake style holsters. I think I made the .45 holster out of too thick leather. The .32 holster is a bit lighter leather and I think it turned out better. Aside from the stitching.

Thanks, Jon

View attachment 1325232 View attachment 1325233 Hello all. Some recent works (not knife related). My first go at pancake style holsters. I think I made the .45 holster out of too thick leather. The .32 holster is a bit lighter leather and I think it turned out better. Aside from the stitching.

Thanks, Jon

Looking real good Jon! What weight did you use? I use 8/10 oz Wicket and Craig on all pancake style holster, regardless of the gun. How come the excess on the bottom of the 1911? As an aside, if you do a holster for a striker fired pistol don’t mold the interior of the trigger guard. Great work.

Ever since I saw this watch strap for a pocket watch I was thrilled with that style, and it's been thirty years since I got a pocket watch from a friend (which I haven't fixed yet , because it needs to be cleaned, which he explained is not a problem). Since this corona time in my country we cant go out on week ends, I find it appropriate to try to do that Hermes style watch strap but in a more power look ie thicker leather and thread, which also lead to a couple problems ... I tried to figure out how to perform this at all, not bothered with attention to detail, which is obvious. because everything can of course be a better second time. Also, the size of the watch affects the appearance as well as the width of the bones so that everything somehow fits into your hand, so that it also affects the proximity of the stitch to the edge to make the silhouette smaller The pattern was something that first came to my mind, after I made the dye for watch , so here's the result

That looks great! Pretty dang innovative I think. Great Job!

Meant to ask ya too, what CZ is that?

It’s a CZ 50. Pretty much a Walther copy made post war. I get what you’re saying about molding around the trigger. I’ll have to be extra careful if I carry. The 1911 holster just came out that way. I’m struggling at making patterns.

Thanks, Jon

It’s a CZ 50. Pretty much a Walther copy made post war. I get what you’re saying about molding around the trigger. I’ll have to be extra careful if I carry. The 1911 holster just came out that way. I’m struggling at making patterns.

Thanks, Jon

With both those pistols your fine. Just striker fired ones (Glocks etc) that ya need to be careful about and it’s the inside of the trigger guard. On the outside mold away. My brother has a 50 and a 52.

With both those pistols your fine. Just striker fired ones (Glocks etc) that ya need to be careful about and it’s the inside of the trigger guard. On the outside mold away. My brother has a 50 and a 52.

Ah yes. The trigger “safety”. I’m not a big fan of Glocks and clones. I still see the danger of not having your safety on when holstering though. And your other question about leather weight. I thought it was 8/10oz but it seemed more like 10/12oz. Herrman oak from springfield.

Jon

Hey duramax! Thanks for the nice words. That’s some good looking work! I’m not familiar with the knife design but the sheath looks great. You have a sewing machine if I’m not mistaken? I could not pull that off without one. Good job!

Jon

Hey duramax! Thanks for the nice words. That’s some good looking work! I’m not familiar with the knife design but the sheath looks great. You have a sewing machine if I’m not mistaken? I could not pull that off without one. Good job!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Your welcome and thank you for the kind words :)
I do have a machine it’s a recent addition :) Before it I hand stitched my leather work. It takes longer but it can be done.
I did these by hand,
FB1B10E1-7BF4-425F-8495-A9AA396FCA46.jpeg 74235DE4-480F-4DD0-91C3-3629CAF00CF5.jpeg 43297142-4732-4DD1-AF87-DB7652B729AD.jpeg 35814410-22A3-4D00-B811-B9FA986C6203.jpeg
All stitched by hand. For same knife, swamp Rat Ratmandu.
You just have to pace yourself. If I was making leather for just myself and few friends. I’d still be hand stitching, but being beyond that now. A machine was needed lol :)

Thats really darn cool. Not seen one and you executed it very well!

From what I understand they started making these in WW1 and is actualy how wristwatches were invented.
Cool!
The owner of the company made that watch strap so his daughter could wear the pocket watch when having horse riding classes

Back