Whacha Been Up To......

I dislike having a knife without a sheath. I bought this second hand without the sheath, so.....
Fisk%20OVB%20Sheath.jpg

Another fun with scraps sort of project....
The 12 oz leather was reclaimed from a really bad Martindale Golok sheath that I made a decade ago.
The stud was from another project bust where the leather wasn't thick enough for the stud. The rivet bottomed out leaving the stud loose.
So I punched another piece of leather cut a slit in it and wiggled it in there. Despite my measuring and gluing it still managed to come out a little crooked.
After sewing that on I realized that there is no way I was going to hand sew 2 layers of 12oz along with a 3oz welt. So hog rings in punched holes it is.
A little black antique, some tan coat and bubba's your cuzzin :)
Here it is with a SAK for scale ...
fisk%20OVB%20sheath%20and%20SAK.jpg

It's not ever going to be carried but if I ever have to transport it, it has a home lol
Thanks for lookin'

I t
I dislike having a knife without a sheath. I bought this second hand without the sheath, so.....
Fisk%20OVB%20Sheath.jpg

Another fun with scraps sort of project....
The 12 oz leather was reclaimed from a really bad Martindale Golok sheath that I made a decade ago.
The stud was from another project bust where the leather wasn't thick enough for the stud. The rivet bottomed out leaving the stud loose.
So I punched another piece of leather cut a slit in it and wiggled it in there. Despite my measuring and gluing it still managed to come out a little crooked.
After sewing that on I realized that there is no way I was going to hand sew 2 layers of 12oz along with a 3oz welt. So hog rings in punched holes it is.
A little black antique, some tan coat and bubba's your cuzzin :)
Here it is with a SAK for scale ...
fisk%20OVB%20sheath%20and%20SAK.jpg

It's not ever going to be carried but if I ever have to transport it, it has a home lol
Thanks for lookin'
I think a sash with a frog on it would be a great way to transport the knife in its sheath.

Two more down :) Although happy with the left one, the right not so much. Couple stitches ran high on that one. I think leather had a soft area. So scratch sheath it is lol :)

BB721A9D-5BDF-4135-848C-67CAC83E588F.jpeg

Lots of great work being shown here. Really nice!

Couple few recents:

Notebook Cover with brand.

Vl2SXma.jpg

Drum dyed Herman Oak pancake for Black Mamba here on BF.

qjmbfiD.jpg

7PEps9a.jpg

4aYYDwt.jpg

Rangeflap Holster:

vYIb0tt.jpg

First shoulder holster I've ever done. Modified a pattern for a 1942 Tanker's Holster to fit Steve's (our ranching partner) Colt 1903:

2hPP6Cx.jpg

UZHFCOg.jpg

ioRPtkD.jpg

gc8nnc1.jpg

Finished up a belt clip attachment

View attachment 1339998 View attachment 1339999 View attachment 1340000[/QUOTE

OK buddy we're gonna have to build ya a skiving knife! Great work!!

View attachment 1339835 View attachment 1339836 Inspired by Horsewright’s thread a week or so ago. Calling this pretty much finished. My first piece on the Cobra 4 sewing machine.

Jon

Very cool Jon! Whacha gonna carry on the tractor the 73?

this one's about done. Just working on an IWB attachment
OR63kEy.jpg

Loving that, very distinctive. And you've come a long ways quickly. Nice work!

apart from screwing up and having to start over, I've never made more than one of the same sheath
0Uz8Pbx.jpg

they definitely won't be identical, apart from the welt, number of stitches and rivet placement which I built a template for. In my amateur experience, the welt is an extremely important component- not just for safety- for tuning how you want your knife to go in an come out of the sheath.

I found a ton of copper line out in the bush. I think I'll be making my own rivets from now on!
tHqw4os.jpg

EGHHy5c.jpg

Last edited:
FB7F3091-0510-4815-A9B2-7C67A9C709AC.jpeg 7435ACFA-9D10-49DC-BDDF-923534817592.jpeg Some more work on the cobra class 4. Got to figure out the stitch spacing around curves. This is for my .38 super-auto colt lightweight commander. The machine ran beautifully. I messed up on the stitching. First lined holster.

Jon

I lost my deerskin unlined gloves.
Every time I'd go out with a pair of new clean Wells Lamont work gloves wifey would complain "Must you wear those yellow gloves?"
So I dyed them with Mahogany dye.
I'm pleased.
While I was playing around in the leather shop, I made an IWB sheath for my Bolden Gambler's Bowie.
897225E4-AC78-47A6-8FDE-98966DB20A491.jpeg

Got a little overenthusiastic with the cement on the butterfly. It kept coming out on the knife. So I kept cleaning it and putting in, cleaning, sheathing, cleaning.... I think it has worked itself clean. Tips welcome :)

Back