Whacha Been Up To......

Looking good, nice job. Stitching is very even. Thanks for posting.

A few things:

A few slip sheaths for the kitchen knives in that last batch.

khroKCI.jpg

Q08usZu.jpg

Nichole really liked this santuko and since it wasn't an order, she stole it. Used it to make dinner last night.

tJ4dA9W.jpg

Y1BuSdq.jpg

aUbSpRS.jpg

RD7gPbL.jpg

This one was an order, pretty spectacular piece of dammy.

67w6tfu.jpg

X7IVzqT.jpg

Spurstraps. This pair with silver conchos and buckles.

N4fHfJS.jpg

PTnNl7p.jpg

JHvq7ft.jpg

This pair in plain water buffalo leather but stitched in bright green and turquoise.

nL5M0WN.jpg

Whacha been up to?

There is some beautiful work on here. I've been busy for almost 3 years now learning more with each one and reading these posts and looking at pictures. I've learned quite a bit watching U tube as well.
Merry Christmas guys.

There is some beautiful work on here. I've been busy for almost 3 years now learning more with each one and reading these posts and looking at pictures. I've learned quite a bit watching U tube as well.
Merry Christmas guys.

That's some beautiful and inspiring work!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful work! Do the grommets on the butt stock carrier contact the wood? I only have made one of these and I debated that in my head. Went without but then a guy is apprehensive about lacing it too tightly.

Beautiful work! Do the grommets on the butt stock carrier contact the wood? I only have made one of these and I debated that in my head. Went without but then a guy is apprehensive about lacing it too tightly.
An inner wrap sewn in wraps around first so nothing contacts the wood. The leather is similiar to suede, holds tight with moderately tight lacing. Stitched so nothing slides or moves.

Cool project.

Gotcha. Didn't think of that. Thanks. Great job on your rope border. That is not an easy tool.

Got busy around Christmas making the family some wallets and trying out some new patterns. Here is my first attempt at a journal cover. It ended up being just a hair to small but the darker leather is some water buffalo I wanted to try out with some scrap 3oz Herman oak I had lying around.
IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4659.JPG

Family's wallets/Christmas presents I finished up right before I left to go back home. Only took detailed pics of my sisters but it's back is the same water buffalo leather on the journal cover. My dads wallet was a remake of his favorite wallet he's ever had. He loves it but I'm gonna send him an improved one once I tweak the pattern a little bit to make it more functional. Then my moms was my version of a little Vera Bradley card holder zipper wallet she's used for as long as I can remember.
IMG_4769.JPG

I wish I would have done a trim around my sisters wallet but I didn't think of it until afterwards, Would of been a nice touch.
IMG_4754.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4757.JPG

This just got sent to my sister because she couldn't keep her change in the wallet I made her. So I made her this simple coin purse with a water buffalo leather zipper pull to match the wallet.
IMG_4974.JPG IMG_4975.JPG

I'd love to hear any critiques y'all can come up with. I'm always trying to better myself with every project.

Attachments

• IMG_4659.JPG
    IMG_4659.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 0
Those are looking great. Just for info on water buffalo I've gone to using just water and a little glycerin saddle soap to rub the edges. Seems to work the best of everything I've tried. Made this water buffalo belt yesterday and thats how I finished the edges on it:

GwXs3h4.jpg

fwNY2vD.jpg

Your eye for detail really shows in your projects. Keep er up!

Those are looking great. Just for info on water buffalo I've gone to using just water and a little glycerin saddle soap to rub the edges. Seems to work the best of everything I've tried. Made this water buffalo belt yesterday and thats how I finished the edges on it:

GwXs3h4.jpg

fwNY2vD.jpg

Your eye for detail really shows in your projects. Keep er up!

Thanks for the tip I will pick up some glycerin to try on the wallet I'll be making for my sisters friend this week. I love the water buffalo leather and how it feels but getting the edges I want has been difficult. I used a little bit of water and lots of gum on those projects, but I still felt the edges lacking. But I didn't think of using some glycerin I'll be sure to give it a try and post my results!

Also Thank you for the kind words I really appreciate it, and means a lot coming from someone with your talents and experience.

Ya bet. Give that a try and let us know how it goes for ya.

Ya bet. Give that a try and let us know how it goes for ya.

The glycerine saddle soap worked great thanks for the advice! The edges felt just like they should, and the water buffalo now has a glassy feel just like the natural veg tanned. I think I'll keep some around since I can get an edge I like on that leather with ease using the glycerin. And here's a pic because they make posts better

IMG_5086.JPG

The glycerine saddle soap worked great thanks for the advice! The edges felt just like they should, and the water buffalo now has a glassy feel just like the natural veg tanned. I think I'll keep some around since I can get an edge I like on that leather with ease using the glycerin. And here's a pic because they make posts better

View attachment 1051811

Perfect glad that worked out for ya.

First attempt at a dangler sheath. The knife was made with a very nice piece of maple burl, so I also tried to get creative for more protection of the handle banging through the brush.
KN7YR5e.jpg

xY7MXHo.jpg

hlDMiTR.jpg

TtvQ2ZI.jpg

BbJQPOs.jpg

That is a NICe piece of maple on the handle. Good job.

Back