Whacha Been Up To......

Finished these up yesterday and am starting on two pairs of chinks today.

A water buffalo overlay belt for a local gal:

fLdzoEI.jpg

WozHvKo.jpg

Two 1911 (4.25" bbl length) pancake style holsters:

r9xk1Rg.jpg

phg5roD.jpg

One was an order that included a matching mag pouch:

YglGkGB.jpg

F17hBNb.jpg

And a Leatherman sheath for a Wave:

Kuo3iVY.jpg

Did another holster sewn in forest green for a Glock 21 SF:

KEMnq7A.jpg

Whacha been doing?

Last edited:
A quick video of some sheaths I've been working on. The uneven belt slot lets you carry strong side or crossdraw.

Your work has really come a long ways in a relatively short piece of time!! Wow

Thank you :) I really appreciate it especially from you !!
Although I have to admit not every piece makes the cut lol. I’m getting better little by little. But still once in awhile ,have to make a sheath twice cause something is just a bit off. Or after I make it, I see a better way that I could have done it.

Got those leggings done. First pair is a combined riding pair of chinks and shoeing apron. They have carved yokes and water buffalo fringe, shoeing knee pads, leg plates and hoof knife pockets. The conchos are bronze. This is the customer wearing them:

4wgazUn.jpg

0zv4lVD.jpg

oJv8HdM.jpg

hXUxRYl.jpg

Frm9coB.jpg

We just made his deadline as he's leaving for OK and shoeing school this morning. The second p[air I'm wearing. Just straight up riding chinks. Grizzly mahogany oil tan on the legs and yokes basket stamped and carved with a brand. They alos have silver dollar conchos on the basket stamped leg plates.

E4g9F4u.jpg

CO3HWef.jpg

eK99K23.jpg

qTVAR0v.jpg

oRLFizT.jpg

Thank you :) I really appreciate it especially from you !!
Although I have to admit not every piece makes the cut lol. I’m getting better little by little. But still once in awhile ,have to make a sheath twice cause something is just a bit off. Or after I make it, I see a better way that I could have done it.
That's called learning.

Last edited:
Beautiful work. Some real nice product.

if you haven’t tried a custom made belt you should. They cost more but considerably nicer and longer lasting than a store bought.

whipped up a quick pocket sheath so I can get this proto out for testing
RV0nwvo.jpg

SzyOZom.jpg

haven't been doing too much leather work these days, but I got one of those hand crank machines and I'm looking forward to squaring some things away so I can start getting to learn how to use that thing

Last edited:
Back