A couple Colt Detective holsters, first a crossdraw:

P3FadfV.jpg

Then strongside:

Sx2ewA1.jpg

Made one for myself too:

clAslmU.jpg

Wl6jkzC.jpg

Those sheaths look great !!!!

It’s great getting to see how a sheath breaks in over the years. That sheath still look really good !!

Those sheaths look great !!!!

It’s great getting to see how a sheath breaks in over the years. That sheath still look really good !!
That was so old he'd asked me what kind of wood I'd used on the handle of the knife and I couldn't remember! He's from a couple canyons over and our partner at the ranch had invited him and his family to one of our brandings. He had a couple of little kids running around. They're all grown now.

I don't know Gary, could you maybe get some more detail in that form? It's hard to tell what it's for...😳

That's some epic wet forming right there, very impressive. What weight leather is that if you don't mind my asking?

I wrap the knife in seran wrap and use the knife itself under the leather and use a bone folder tool to stretch the leather over the knife

leather is 6/7 oz from Weaver Leather probably a little thick for this work, I’ll keep going back and forth about every half hour until the leather is dry, it stretches the leather and takes out the give so it keeps the retention

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited:
Perfect Gary! Just perfect.

And the gunleather keeps on rolling out of here:

Glock 20 or 21:

vPG1OJM.jpg

Crossdraw for a Colt Detective:

NUrpQhu.jpg

Glock 19 and a water buffalo belt:

MWFG8qY.jpg

Crossdraw for a Kimber K6:

BYnrloj.jpg

Saddle scabbards:

QZRaXGL.jpg

NzAYdW4.jpg

wunCyMj.jpg

4h39Kxx.jpg

8KdPoq8.jpg

Thanks so much Dave, I’m looking forward to more work this year. The airbrush thingy will help I think but the Weaver leather really molds a little better than the Wickett&Craig does, but I still like it as well.

and of course your work is always inspiring and insane how you drive through the amount of work done both knives, sheaths, holsters and general Cowboy stuff, mind boggling!

have a great 4th !
G2

Thanks so much Dave, I’m looking forward to more work this year. The airbrush thingy will help I think but the Weaver leather really molds a little better than the Wickett&Craig does, but I still like it as well.

and of course your work is always inspiring and insane how you drive through the amount of work done both knives, sheaths, holsters and general Cowboy stuff, mind boggling!

have a great 4th !
G2
Thanks Gary you too! We'll burn some dogs and sit on the front courtyard and watch the fireworks the city will do over the rodeo grounds. Course we always worry a little as the rodeo grounds are just across the freeway from the ranch. But they've been doing it and safely for many years now. A guy's got to keep busy. Been out of the shop three days now getting itchy!

Thanks Eagle. Good to see ya around! 1894C Marlin (JM) in .45Colt in the plain scabbard and 1873 Uberti in .357 in the border stamped scabbard.

JVCeg3F.jpg

just got this sheath squared away. I have to say that I'm not particularly pleased with it, but I learned some new things and knocked it out in record time. Sometimes you just gotta call it, walk away and start the next project...

Back