Whacha Been Up To......

Bang on, Dave! That one overtight stitch on the top right? Yes, the leather was spongy there. I did think about back stitching, as I had done that before with good results, but opted against it since this one is going on my belt. Lol.

I always appreciate your critiques. Thank you so much.

Happy Holidays!

My new 2-pound Wayne Jueschke Tapered Maul came in today. As soon as I held it in my hand, I knew that I love it! It should work very nice for the tougher stuff like punching belt slits. The handle is grippier than I thought it would be. It's very comfortable to hold.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

I have the coolest leather stamp of all times now! Made from titanium by the crafty and clever WValtakis WValtakis
XrfBgC7.jpg

Even Nichole is done for Christmas now! Family is gathering in. Our son that is in the Army flew in Tuesday and our daughter and Nichole's mom made it up yesterday afternoon. So no more work. We did have an extra small buckaroo pouch to knock out for an order but between us it took like 5 minutes.

Here's a new project that Nichole was working on. A ladies clutch type wallet. Tricky tooling as its very thin leather:

wH5mqG0.jpg

89IbdJl.jpg

OphMrS9.jpg

The bottom pocket is gusseted and its sized to fit an IPhone. Behind the card slots is an additional pocket for cash.

oqe1NUi.jpg

xjlD5CT.jpg

It goes with this Tote. She made this a single strap one kind of as an experiment. After this one though she decided not to do it again as this design really wants to be a double strapper:

gf6OL4w.jpg

xxcLqCV.jpg

hkFJsWF.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

Please tell Nichole that I think her work on that clutch is absolutely outstanding! Everything about it is just perfect.
Randy
I will sir! But it have to be later as she is currently talking with Barb her mom right now. So can't let that cat out of the bag for a couple of days yet.

That's a great looking clutch Dave, I really like the subtle painted detail she did on the flowers.

Been working on a few belts, slowed the top speed of my Cobra to 16. I jump it up to wind bobbins but 16 let's me go full speed on a belt run without it getting out of hand.

Ran a basketweave and two rows of dustin sunset down a belt for the wife. Turned out interesting I think. My boy called it a sunset stitch, I like the sound of that.
20211221_134154-01.jpeg

I've got a few more belts on the bench that need stitching. Finishing up a gunslinger with gray and black stitching and have a couple to do in tan.

Oh and pro-tip, If anyone needs 45 minutes of frustration, accidentally run your bottom thread on the wrong side of the bobbin. Then check that last after switching needle sizes, top thread amd try to stitch as you scratch your head and wonder "what in the hell is going on here?". Do all that while your machine acts like it's full of gravel and chewed thread binds everything up! I do love these machines though, the Cobra is built like a bulldozer and fairly easy to troubleshoot. Now I know how it acts when the bobbin thread is on the wrong side, aaaaand it's pretty terrible.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

That's a great looking clutch Dave, I really like the subtle painted detail she did on the flowers.

Been working on a few belts, slowed the top speed of my Cobra to 16. I jump it up to wind bobbins but 16 let's me go full speed on a belt run without it getting out of hand.

Ran a basketweave and two rows of dustin sunset down a belt for the wife. Turned out interesting I think. My boy called it a sunset stitch, I like the sound of that.
View attachment 1707483

I've got a few more belts on the bench that need stitching. Finishing up a gunslinger with gray and black stitching and have a couple to do in tan.

Oh and pro-tip, If anyone needs 45 minutes of frustration, accidentally run your bottom thread on the wrong side of the bobbin. Then check that last after switching needle sizes, top thread amd try to stitch as you scratch your head and wonder "what in the hell is going on here?". Do all that while your machine acts like it's full of gravel and chewed thread binds everything up! I do love these machines though, the Cobra is built like a bulldozer and fairly easy to troubleshoot. Now I know how it acts when the bobbin thread is on the wrong side, aaaaand it's pretty terrible.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

That belt looks really cool! Great stamping and the thread is cool too. Sunset stitching it is. Got to admit I like it better on this finished project than I did on your trial example. Nice work.

Yeah that will do it for sure!

Christmas present for myself. Should have wrapped it but pretty sure I would have figured out what it was😉.
My respect for Dave has gone up after running that border around the belt trying to stay consistent. He does a lot longer runs and they always look great.
Randy

Christmas present for myself. Should have wrapped it but pretty sure I would have figured out what it was😉.
My respect for Dave has gone up after running that border around the belt trying to stay consistent. He does a lot longer runs and they always look great.
Randy
That looks great Randy! Ya did a great job.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Finished these up today.
First one is for a CPK kephart knife. The stamping has well a couple mishaps :-( I’m learning :)
The second sheath is for a CPK FK2 knife.
This one has found a home already :)
Both are 10/12oz english bridle w&c burgundy with Wyoming black veg tan 10oz

The kephart I was trying for kinda a curved effect ??? But it played out differently in my head lol
F0BE5E79-6DFD-461A-80D5-C6A9C9C2A9D3.jpeg3FAAD755-C88D-4DE3-B99D-4B97BF96669D.jpeg4327869F-B862-4108-A6D4-5EDE1083B1A2.jpeg6C9476EB-2D92-4529-A32F-81A0EF1FB4BE.jpeg19A02534-1EFD-4AFD-B6FA-6B6E5279D441.jpegDE78787D-6DD2-4078-9734-9B139FEECF99.jpeg

Finished these up today.
First one is for a CPK kephart knife. The stamping has well a couple mishaps :-( I’m learning :)
The second sheath is for a CPK FK2 knife.
This one has found a home already :)
Both are 10/12oz english bridle w&c burgundy with Wyoming black veg tan 10oz

The kephart I was trying for kinda a curved effect ??? But it played out differently in my head lol
View attachment 1711405View attachment 1711406View attachment 1711407View attachment 1711408View attachment 1711409View attachment 1711410
Very cool my friend! Like that tooling!

Holster day around here. Six of em ready to ship:

X90VLqs.jpg

51a5Wam.jpg

p5SK0I0.jpg

MEjHB76.jpg

Back