Wharncliffe? Anyone like straight edges?

Who out there likes wharncliffe blades? Who likes wharncliffe folders?

Well, I have the Endura, with its modified Wharncliffe blade. It cuts beautifully, and the shape has always been fine for me. I am getting the Paramilitary 2 soon, so will have a new blade shape to compare it to. My Camillus Falcon neck knife has a quite different shape, which means I use the blade slightly differently, but they both work well for me.

This is a new model called the FireAnt. The bigger one I refer to as the FireAnt Soldier and the smaller one I refer to as the FireAnt Worker.

The Soldier is 7.5" oal with blade length a tick over 3.5". The worker is 6.25" oal with a blade length from tip to finger notch at 2.5". 1/8" thick. These are my concept pieces I have been carrying around and testing out. I have to say, I am very pleased. The handle shape works very well at this length. It covers all the bases forward, reverse, edge up or edge in. I also used this design to play with some spray formed D2 steel. It is a different process than the Crucible method. It is supposed to yield a finer grain and tougher D2. So far, I am impressed.

Wow, those are some sexy blades. Especially the top one...love the lines on that thing!

Love it! love wharncliffe blades or modified ones like the insingo. Perfect for EDC stuff

Cool!

How do you think the FireAnt Soldier (big one) would be as a folder?

Guess you could say I like the Wharn Blade as I have a few more on the way this week ~ 43 & 44 that will go into my
Collection ( mostly Case Swayback Jacks & a "few GEC's" plus some others along the way.) Plus I love the Pearl that goes
so well with the Wharn ~~ ooops -- almost left out the Stag Wharn -- I could go on and on but I think you got the idea.!*
I think the FAS would make a great Wharncliffe.^

Keep watching this space. You will be seeing a FireAnt Soldier that folds. Shooting to have it posted before SHOT/

Cool!

How do you think the FireAnt Soldier (big one) would be as a folder?

Keep watching this space. You will be seeing a FireAnt Soldier that folds. Shooting to have it posted before SHOT/
Ummm...that sounds amazing! A good Wharnie folder (not to mention a Dirk Pinkerton folder of any kind!) is one of the big gaps in my collection. Really looking forward to seeing this...SHOT is only like a month away!

Dirk!

If you were to turn that FireAnt Soldier into a folder flipper, I'd be all over it like...

...well, like ants!

A Flipping FireAnt Folder is very possible! I like the idea of a flipper as well. We need to get the non flipper out first. There were some complications that popped up and slowed things down. Provided things run smooth, the FireAnt Soldier and the FireAnt Worker should be available at Blade. Once those get rolling, the flipper will be revisited.

I would be all over one of these! Love me some wharnies!

Back