1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wharncliffe Delica - any interest? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by jazzz, Jun 24, 2016.

1. sixgunner455

sixgunner455

Feb 21, 2007
    Well, of course, jazzz got his first. But I want *mine*!

2. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    I hear the buyers club have started receiving their Jazzelicas. The retailers should have them any day.

3. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I've seen pics as well. Inc...

4. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Which one do you guys think will be the better cutter, PE or SE? I think I am leaning towards SE...I ***think*** :confused:

5. lcambre

lcambre

May 4, 2010
    Just got my ship notice on a plain edge from Knifeworks. I put it on the same order as the bread knife for free shipping.

6. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    Im getting this one for sure,looks like excellent knife for utility and self defense too.

7. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    Depends which edge you prefer. I'm a plain edge guy. They are nice, shallow serrations, though.

8. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Don't get me wrong--I love a plain edge Spyderco. In fact, the only two serrated edged Spydercos I have are an Endure and a "Q". I could be wrong, but it seems like their serrated edges seem to cut more for a given length of edge than the plain edge equivalent. I have no proof of this of course...it's just my apparent observation.

9. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    I think serrations require too much upkeep for my liking. I think they work best shaving sharp, if you intend to use them for EDC, and I'm not into that much polishing. That's just me. I'm not trying to talk you out of a SE. This one seems to be made for both, as a hardcore work knife. Get one of each. ;)

10. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Are these only available at Knifeworks?

11. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    Maybe right now, but they should be everywhere.

12. Roc

Roc

Oct 23, 2014
    Top Quality Knives has them in stock today 1/25 as of 4:20 PM Central time.

13. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    I believe there's another dealer that has it listed today in the Dealer section.

14. Ocarr

Ocarr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Whoo Hoo, got my shipping notice today for the PE! Been loving this idea since May last year, thank you Jazz and Sal for all the work done to get this out to the people!

15. Humint

Humint

Apr 1, 2011
    Just got my shipping notice from GP Knives! Have been looking forward to this for a while now. Very excited.

16. Krazy Cash

Krazy Cash

May 6, 2010
    I've tried the plain delica a few times over the years. The blade shape always bugged me, but I might be able to get behind this one.

17. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Bought , paid for , now the dreaded postal wait .

Ken

18. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    How long does it take, Ken?

19. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Postal estimate is between the 8 Feb - 17 Feb , going on past experience it usually takes 2 weeks so I will start getting excited from about the 10th :):):)

Ken

20. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    How are you all liking these, that have them? Mine's getting orange scales switched, and sharpened to 15 degrees today.