Wharncliffe Delica - any interest? (Pics)

I hear the buyers club have started receiving their Jazzelicas. The retailers should have them any day.

Which one do you guys think will be the better cutter, PE or SE? I think I am leaning towards SE...I ***think*** :confused:

Just got my ship notice on a plain edge from Knifeworks. I put it on the same order as the bread knife for free shipping.

Depends which edge you prefer. I'm a plain edge guy. They are nice, shallow serrations, though.

Don't get me wrong--I love a plain edge Spyderco. In fact, the only two serrated edged Spydercos I have are an Endure and a "Q". I could be wrong, but it seems like their serrated edges seem to cut more for a given length of edge than the plain edge equivalent. I have no proof of this of course...it's just my apparent observation.

I think serrations require too much upkeep for my liking. I think they work best shaving sharp, if you intend to use them for EDC, and I'm not into that much polishing. That's just me. I'm not trying to talk you out of a SE. This one seems to be made for both, as a hardcore work knife. Get one of each. ;)

Top Quality Knives has them in stock today 1/25 as of 4:20 PM Central time.

Whoo Hoo, got my shipping notice today for the PE! Been loving this idea since May last year, thank you Jazz and Sal for all the work done to get this out to the people!

Just got my shipping notice from GP Knives! Have been looking forward to this for a while now. Very excited.

I've tried the plain delica a few times over the years. The blade shape always bugged me, but I might be able to get behind this one.

Postal estimate is between the 8 Feb - 17 Feb , going on past experience it usually takes 2 weeks so I will start getting excited from about the 10th :):):)

Ken

How are you all liking these, that have them? Mine's getting orange scales switched, and sharpened to 15 degrees today.

Back