Wharncliffe Delica - any interest? (Pics)

How are you all liking these, that have them? Mine's getting orange scales switched, and sharpened to 15 degrees today.

Any idea if these will be available in different colors anytime soon once the black ones are out in the wild more heavily? Can't decide if I want to wait for a different color or just get a delica now and get the delica wharn a later; I'm a sucker for a wharn edge though.

Spyderco needs to slow down on putting out so many nice, new products, my wallet can't handle it.

How are you all liking these, that have them? Mine's getting orange scales switched, and sharpened to 15 degrees today.

Got mine in on friday, carrying it today! I ended up getting a donor delica as well and swapping out the boring black scales for the more interesting purple scales from my donor delica. I also shaved down the spine to be less of a half moon shape and more of something vaguely inspired by the centofonte 4, though more smoothed out.

here's a pic
http://i.imgur.com/0IHhtIh.jpg

What i've done to the blade spine may be considered heresy by some, but the profile when closed is now essentially identical to the standard delica, and not nearly as wide as the stock delica wharnie.

Overall, loving the utility of the wharnie blade and its making me rediscover my love for the delica platform.

to 42pixesls: I like the handle swap. It looks so much better in color. And I also like the blade mod. I was afraid , I am the only one who doesn't like the factory round spine shape. I'm considering to do something similar, but in blue:)

to 42pixesls: I like the handle swap. It looks so much better in color. And I also like the blade mod. I was afraid , I am the only one who doesn't like the factory round spine shape. I'm considering to do something similar, but in blue:)

Thanks! Yeah I get so sick of boring black knives. Purple has so much more fun to it.

About the spine, yeah I hated how much bigger it was in pocket, but love the wharncliffe cutting edge, so shaving it down to a more reasonable profile was high on my priority list.

I'm usually a wharncliffe fan but I don't like the look of that, I really like the look of the Kahr Arms one though.

Mine arrived last night. Haven't had time to really check it out yet, but it's so nice to have something I've been anticipating so much. I've never been a pre-order, get it first guy, but I'm glad I did this time.

I'm having no luck finding a PE Wharnie online. The one decent place in Canada sold out in less then a day and I missed it. Seems like the US distributors that still have some don't ship to Canada.

This wasn't a limited release was it? I'm not that interested in the SE, so I'm holding out hope that more are on the way. Can anyone confirm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got both my delica the other day. Of course it's really early to give a full in depth review of the serrated and plain edge. I've always loved the delica. It was one of my first knives I got when I started this knife journey. I've been carrying the serrated mostly and don't have much experience with serrated edc knives, I'm really liking it. Price point, fully ambidextrous abilities, light weight, thin, warncliff, nice grip, puts it at the top of my favorites edc. Good job spyderco

I got mine today. Its cool, but im going to return it and get a yojimbo some day. I cant see myself carrying it over my other delicas.

Got mine in on friday, carrying it today! I ended up getting a donor delica as well and swapping out the boring black scales for the more interesting purple scales from my donor delica. I also shaved down the spine to be less of a half moon shape and more of something vaguely inspired by the centofonte 4, though more smoothed out.

here's a pic
http://i.imgur.com/0IHhtIh.jpg

What i've done to the blade spine may be considered heresy by some, but the profile when closed is now essentially identical to the standard delica, and not nearly as wide as the stock delica wharnie.

Overall, loving the utility of the wharnie blade and its making me rediscover my love for the delica platform.

That's a great mod! I thought about the same thing ever since I saw it the first time, the spine shouldn't be so round. If I get one I'll probably do something similar

That's a great mod! I thought about the same thing ever since I saw it the first time, the spine shouldn't be so round. If I get one I'll probably do something similar

It's for strength, but hey, I'm a modder myself. :cool:

Hey jazzz, saw you reprofiled your Wharncliffe D4 down to 30. Did you use the SM diamond rods or some other technique to reprofile?

I'm having no luck finding a PE Wharnie online. The one decent place in Canada sold out in less then a day and I missed it. Seems like the US distributors that still have some don't ship to Canada.

This wasn't a limited release was it? I'm not that interested in the SE, so I'm holding out hope that more are on the way. Can anyone confirm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Wiens,

Welcome to or forum. The new warnie is a regular item, unless it bombs.

sal

I got mine in the mail Friday, took it on a hike with me up the mountain yesterday and am really loving it so far. It's definitely an instant favorite, although I may be a little biased based off of my username. Thanks Sal and Jazzz!

Hey jazzz, saw you reprofiled your Wharncliffe D4 down to 30. Did you use the SM diamond rods or some other technique to reprofile?

I sharpen freehand, and used a Norton double sided stone. Works for anything. I also finish on a Spyderco Double stuff, then strop on those papers that fall out of magazines. Such a nice knife with this edge. I cut a lot of cardboard, and it hasn't chipped or rolled yet. Just get rid of the burr. Your Sharpmaker will work fine if you're patient.

Back