Wharncliffe Delica - any interest? (Pics)

grownstar - Nice pic. I strop mine on a steel (backwards) periodically to keep the edge aligned between touchups, and I can go quite some time. Of course, I have steels at work because I work in a kitchen, but I do have them at home too. Just plain steels, not diamond "steels".

Ya know, I never got good at that super quick steel technique but I sure like how it looks haha!

Ya know, I never got good at that super quick steel technique but I sure like how it looks haha!

To be honest, a lot of people are probably showing off doing it fast. It works, but I do it backwards and slower because it works, and makes more sense to go backwards to straighten the edge.

AAvjQC2.jpg

Nice! Looks like you're actually using it. Nice clip. I really like the red contrast in the pic.

Thanks, man! Yeah, I'm trying my best to actually put a beating on this thing. I don't know; it just seems like the perfect size, weight and blade shape. I was using my Native 5 LW before this, but the straight edge is just a phenomenal worker!

So who's that in that YouTube video with the guy putting the Wharncliffe to the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who's that in that YouTube video with the guy putting the Wharncliffe to the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean who is the guy in the vid? If so, it's me. Sal sent me a prototype to test, and I did, plus made a vid to show how awesome it is.

Man a set of titanium or bronze scales on that would be incredible. If those are available I'll buy one tonight!

It was because of this thread that I had to try one.
So a New Delica arrived yesterday. I rarely order new knives because i get better deals on the exchange.

Having a Wharncliff on a Delica frame is a winner but the factory grip is still lacking for me.

So I changed its clothes.... The addition of a Choil makes this Wharny near perfect.

SANY0002%202_zpswyadlhie.jpg

It was because of this thread that I had to try one.
So a New Delica arrived yesterday. I rarely order new knives because i get better deals on the exchange.

Having a Wharncliff on a Delica frame is a winner but the factory grip is still lacking for me.

So I changed its clothes.... The addition of a Choil makes this Wharny near perfect.

SANY0002%202_zpswyadlhie.jpg

Hot dang! That's a nice one. Boomer scales??

It's been a minute since I've posted in this thread. The VG-10 is holding up nicely. I find this steel and blade shape to be perfect for what I do.

I'm actually impressed with the FRN. I have a Native 5 LW and this Seki City stuff is just as rugged.

pmViY1l.jpg

Back