Wharncliffe Weekday

I can tell you one thing I’m sure that knife is enjoying it’s life with you more then with me lol. Awesome picture and it gives me great pleasure seeing that knife carried and used by a fellow member. Makes letting it go all the more bearable lol. I still remember the walk a talk as among the nicest I’ve ever felt or heard
This one has found a good home :) The walk and talk on this knife has ruined all other knives for me lol...it is perfection :thumbsup:

89 Executive Whittler
kfrFojm.jpg

Here's one you don't see every day ... Case 240WH. Lines of it remind me of an overgrown peanut. It's big honkin' knife - put it next to a Case muskrat for scale...

54CCRqL.jpg

7wyobJe.jpg

OK, I have a question for all my fellow Case enthusiasts. I think I understand most of the letters in Case's pattern numbers, mostly thanks to Steve Pfeiffer's book, but what does the "H" signify? I know the "W" is for Wharncliffe, of course. For example, the seahorse whittler is 6355WH. However, the Wharncliffe mini trapper is 6207W and the stag tiny trapper is 52154W (no "H"). (And the improved muskrat has no "W" because the muskrat has no pattern number.)

So... "What the H"? :confused:

Last edited:
Good question. I can only come up with Whittler, but that large knife certainly doesn't correspond to it. The Seahorse does, but doesn't it use a different frame? Could it be Hunter due to its large size??

Bought these three from Johan Ellis at the Cape Guild Show, Cape Town, SA.

Warthog is one of my utter favourite handle materials particularly when it has colour running through it, but getting good size these days is becoming more difficult.

The other one here is all Micarta and G10 - very light, a great edc

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I have a question for all my fellow Case enthusiasts. I think I understand most of the letters in Case's pattern numbers, mostly thanks to Steve Pfeiffer's book, but what does the "H" signify? I know the "W" is for Wharncliffe, of course. For example, the seahorse whittler is 6355WH. However, the Wharncliffe mini trapper is 6207W and the stag tiny trapper is 52154W (no "H"). (And the improved muskrat has no "W" because the muskrat has no pattern number.)

So... "What the H"? :confused:
Ace, it's a good question. If Steve, aka @cilohaefink, doesn't see this, you might try contacting him.

I'm not a carbon fiber guy, but man thats a lot of sexiness right there. I need some natural materials and I'd be all over it.

I am with you on that, I generally shy away from CF handles, but this one is finished so well, and so well balanced, that it overcomes my usual preference for natural covers.

I just received this less than 2 weeks ago and it is becoming my favorite EDC. It may not be the fanciest of the group, but it is light, thin and it slices like crazy. With the pictures that have been posted here I think my next one will be a Case Swayback Gent that’s just calling my name.
upload_2019-7-12_8-23-8.jpeg

I just received this less than 2 weeks ago and it is becoming my favorite EDC. It may not be the fanciest of the group, but it is light, thin and it slices like crazy. With the pictures that have been posted here I think my next one will be a Case Swayback Gent that’s just calling my name.
View attachment 1159935
They are fantastic little knives. At one time I was obsessed with them and had close to a dozen of them in different handle materials. I eventually gave them all away to people here to spread the love around. I did keep my favorite one for myself though...

Back