Wharncliffe Weekday

Winchester 2935 (Black Box)
IX8x7ns.jpg
If I may ask, what's the pull on the pen blade? The one I have is darn near a nail breaker. Just curious if that is normal. :eek::)

If I may ask, what's the pull on the pen blade? The one I have is darn near a nail breaker. Just curious if that is normal. :eek::)
Besides this one, I've owned two others and the pen blades on all 3 have pretty stout pulls. Also, it's not easy to get a good purchase on the nail nick (even though there's a small cut-out in the handle)... so that compounds the problem. In short, very hard to open without a pick.

Besides this one, I've owned two others and the pen blades on all 3 have pretty stout pulls. Also, it's not easy to get a good purchase on the nail nick (even though there's a small cut-out in the handle)... so that compounds the problem. In short, very hard to open without a pick.

Yup. An overly stout pen blade seems to be par for the course with this pattern. Pity really as it's a looker.

12687746095_3bf8670a0a_b.jpg

Last edited:

Yup. An overyly stout pen blade seems to be par for the course with this pattern. Pity really as it's a looker.

Thank you gentlemen!

Yup. An overyly stout pen blade seems to be par for the course with this pattern. Pity really as it's a looker.

Very much the looker:cool::thumbsup:

But my left thumbnail cannot be bettered by any nick or knife;):D Just need to give that one a test....

What’s the metal used in these if you don’t mind me asking ? I just picked up one and was just curious , I’ve seen reports of 1095 and reports of stainless ??

Back