What’s the oldest axes branded or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Bryce: I'm kind of in the same position as Parker.... a small "collection" (less than a hundred), with very few pieces of significant value other that usability. I would like to see pictures of your collection! I would especially like to see the older Vulcan axes that were made in Charleston, W Va.! Learning the history of the axes you find is half of the fun!
I'm searching for more information on axes made by The Collins Co., marked New York. Do you have any information or pictures you could share?
don’t like Collins anymore. But yes I have a small massive collection lol. Massive to many small to us I suppose I have 3 scarse Vulcan 2 are probably gonna be up for grabs. I’m keeping the vulcan hand made. I’ll take pics tomorrow I have keen kutter. And a Connie I just picked up a while back. Got a new keen kutter that just came in the mail that I’ve fixed and many more. It will take some doing. I’ll show and tell tomorrow gents

I’ve seen and owned many axes I have a massive collection. My question is what’s older the Kelly true temper branded or the unbranded with numbers and no branding and ridges in the eye ? I have Kelly Vulcan axes and unbranded double bit that probably had a foil sticker in it’s day. Just curious. And if anyone has a phantom beveled keen kutter Jersey please let me know lol
Bryce: I'm kind of in the same position as Parker.... a small "collection" (less than a hundred), with very few pieces of significant value other that usability. I would like to see pictures of your collection! I would especially like to see the older Vulcan axes that were made in Charleston, W Va.! Learning the history of the axes you find is half of the fun!
I'm searching for more information on axes made by The Collins Co., marked New York. Do you have any information or pictures you could share?
How do we add photos ?

I’ve seen and owned many axes I have a massive collection. My question is what’s older the Kelly true temper branded or the unbranded with numbers and no branding and ridges in the eye ? I have Kelly Vulcan axes and unbranded double bit that probably had a foil sticker in it’s day. Just curious. And if anyone has a phantom beveled keen kutter Jersey please let me know lol

Hello B Bryce.s I can help

1. Kelly true temper branded is older than the unbranded with the eye ridges.

2. Yes, I have a Keen Kutter Jersey with phantom bevels. I strongly suspect that it is a rebranded Kelly Perfect axe as it appears identical other than the stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back