What’s your go-to dog walking carry? Let’s see some pics!

200LQle.jpg

I live in the central of boring northern town so I carry whatever traditional knife I own. The summer however brings the hidden enemy - worse than any ghetto or terrorist threat - the tick. That’s why I always carry my tick fight kit.

The vast majority of us will never encounter anything which could be considered “life threatening” while walking their dog.

It seems like a solution looking for a problem IMO.

I tell my wife this, over and over (hoping it will sink in) - if a dog is close enough for you to stab it, with a knife, you are already getting bit. Depending on the size of the dog, you are already on your back. PEPPER SPRAY 🌶 dogs hate it. That is the only "extra" when I go for walks. The rest of my tools are the same as always - Spyderco Yojumbo, CZ P10c w/rmr, Olight, and a spare mag.

if we're properly out I'm the sticks far away probs the ka bar short or bigger
when I'm in my local woods close to home ti lite 4 Iv used it most for helping the local wild life out of getting stuck in rubbish or Fisher men who leave old line every we're cutting throught overgrown or getting past the thron bushes in the trails the main problem we're I live is people training fighting dogs and big aggressive dogs I'm lucky I have a big German sherphard call Kaos and hes well traind but I know he's taped (has been all his life i dont care my best friend but I'm not naive I know how to handle him) and most other dogs can just tell and don't come near him he never starts it but has finished it a few times while on a short lead attached to me and he's not a big fan of people but knows he's has to pretend not to be a physco lol so as said earlier I wouldn't use the knife as a weapon just a tool the dog is the big deterrent and no human has ever tested him and we live in a questionable area

I felt more than secure with my GSD with me as well.
He was very even tempered but he could definitely deal with any difficult situation.

I lost him a few months ago to old age. I'm a bit jealous because he was the best dog I could have ever asked for.

I always carry a HK P2000sk on my hip, OWB, and a Hogue Doug Ritter in my pocket. I wear White’s Packers on my feet.
I don’t think “perpetrators” generally want to mess with anyone with a dog.
If I came across a dog or dogs that were acting aggressive, my first move would be to keep moving and see how serious they thought they were. Most domestic dogs will back down, when confronted with a command presence.
If they continued to get into my space, they would get kicked in the head.
Don’t think you can do much to a dog with a knife, and you can’t shoot every loose dog owned by some idiot.

200LQle.jpg

I live in the central of boring northern town so I carry whatever traditional knife I own. The summer however brings the hidden enemy - worse than any ghetto or terrorist threat - the tick. That’s why I always carry my tick fight kit.
What kind of mix is your dog ?
I'm curious as it looks similar to my dog.

I felt more than secure with my GSD with me as well.
He was very even tempered but he could definitely deal with any difficult situation.

I lost him a few months ago to old age. I'm a bit jealous because he was the best dog I could have ever asked for.
I am sorry for your loss and yea I love the breed had a few over the years and thay are all diffrent in there own way but share a lot of the same traits I hope you get another one if that's what you want to do I carnt live with out a dog preferable a German shepherd pic of him

I am sorry for your loss and yea I love the breed had a few over the years and thay are all diffrent in there own way but share a lot of the same traits I hope you get another one if that's what you want to do I carnt live with out a dog preferable a German shepherd pic of him
He looks like a fantastic dog, Enjoy him !

I was very close to getting another, in my aging body I've decided taking care of a smaller dog 40lbs or less was more my direction.
DCmADoS.jpg

This girl is what I ended up with.
Along with Guinness's best friend
speLGT0.jpg

This Ole boy.

I’m glad you brought up the pepper spray because it’s something I actually should start carrying as well. I walk in a pretty safe neighborhood as well but was a little taken off by the fact a couple got mugged just walking around the neighborhood by some scums in a car. In the event of something like that happening I believe pepper spray would absolutely be the best deterrent.

Best deterrent? Nope
I’m glad you brought up the pepper spray because it’s something I actually should start carrying as well. I walk in a pretty safe neighborhood as well but was a little taken off by the fact a couple got mugged just walking around the neighborhood by some scums in a car. In the event of something like that happening I believe pepper spray would absolutely be the best deterrent.
Best deterrent to a car full of muggers? Nope.

I don't have a dog. Or any pets unless you count my children. I don't hate dogs. In fact, I can see that they would offer alot of practical utility. A security gaurd when I'm not home. Body gaurd for the kids. Someone who can watch my back when we go outside. Leftovers disposal when I'm not as hungry as I thought... But due to some family members raising dogs to sell, and other friends and family having dogs that were poorly trained, with nasty homes because of them, I've been very turned off to the idea. My wife is a huge animal lover and dying to have a doggy. I'd love to make her smile. But we live in an apartment so there's the extra expenses and such that go along... I've literally thrown up many times because peoples houses smelled so bad from not caring for and cleaning up after their dogs properly. It's just disgusting...
Yet I kind of even want one just because it'd make my wife happy, but you can only step in poo so many times before you begin to associate dogs and shear nasty.

Yet again, I ramble...
I guess I just see alot of dog lovers here and kinda need input. Feel free to comment if you have any advice.

Back to the op...
When I take my kids and/or wife out for walks I'm always (legally) armed. I usually carry either my G22 or a revolver for any sort of aggressive threats that may materialize. I'm thankful that I've had no need to use them. I hope I never need them. I don't want to hurt anyone.

I'm highly allergic to dogs, even the so called "hypoallergenic " (no such thing) dogs. I grew up with them, and my sister has one, but if what's left of Mr. Brain remembers correctly (last family dog died 15 years ago), I carried a Sog Seal Pup Elite on my belt at the local dog park, which is a 66 acre no leash park with meadows, forest, etc with clean grass trails. Part of a forest preserve. My sister takes her 70lb Aussie there occasionally. Being that part of it is heavily forested, you don't know what kind of miscreant animal might attack you. Guns aren't allowed, but a nice concealed fixed blade would be enough. A sword cane or social distancing prod would probably be a good idea.

It’s not the best but it’s the most appropriate given I live in LA and attaining a CCW is near impossible
I’ve lived in Redondo Beach back in the early 80’s.

It’s just a stark contrast that I can carry an 8 round pump stagecoach shotgun (18”) barrel practically anywhere with virtual impunity.

Of course the crime rate is fairly low.

Back