What’s your go-to dog walking carry? Let’s see some pics!

I don't have a dog. Or any pets unless you count my children. I don't hate dogs. In fact, I can see that they would offer alot of practical utility. A security gaurd when I'm not home. Body gaurd for the kids. Someone who can watch my back when we go outside. Leftovers disposal when I'm not as hungry as I thought... But due to some family members raising dogs to sell, and other friends and family having dogs that were poorly trained, with nasty homes because of them, I've been very turned off to the idea. My wife is a huge animal lover and dying to have a doggy. I'd love to make her smile. But we live in an apartment so there's the extra expenses and such that go along... I've literally thrown up many times because peoples houses smelled so bad from not caring for and cleaning up after their dogs properly. It's just disgusting...
Yet I kind of even want one just because it'd make my wife happy, but you can only step in poo so many times before you begin to associate dogs and shear nasty.

Yet again, I ramble...
I guess I just see alot of dog lovers here and kinda need input. Feel free to comment if you have any advice.

Back to the op...
When I take my kids and/or wife out for walks I'm always (legally) armed. I usually carry either my G22 or a revolver for any sort of aggressive threats that may materialize. I'm thankful that I've had no need to use them. I hope I never need them. I don't want to hurt anyone.
I’ve grown up with german shepard’s since a very young age and all my family members were very disciplined in owning them so I grew up with that discipline as well. I currently own an American Staffordshire Terrier and I’ve owned mini pinschers and Doberman Pinschers, all three absolutely great dogs.
You’ve seen the bad side of owning a dog when you’re not disciplined in owning and training so you already know what to avoid.
My advice to you if you’re considering a dog for the family is do extensive research into what type of breed/sized dog you want for your house. Every breed has different personality and temperament traits you want to find one suitable for your family and apartment. American Staffordshire’s are great mid-size family dogs for that.
or if you want to adopt, adopt a breed you know would be suitable.
Before adopting or purchasing I would spend some time on Youtube learning how to properly own and train a dog. There is hours upon hours of great content on YouTube teaching you the ins and outs to owning, training, and living with a dog. I would have all that down prior to getting the dog so there is no surprises and you know what needs to be done before receiving it.
In short having a dog requires discipline from the whole family and the dog. You have to be consistent and you have to be disciplined, especially during the first three years of a developing dogs life. Once you’ve done that after three years old, you’ll have a full trained and disciplined companion for the rest of that dogs life and it’s the most rewarding thing ever.
But yeah, go to YouTube type in whatever you want to learn, super important. Every single dog small or large needs to be properly trained, socialized, and must receive the necessary amount of exercise every day to ensure you’re both happy. Good luck!

I don't have a dog. Or any pets unless you count my children. I don't hate dogs. In fact, I can see that they would offer alot of practical utility. A security gaurd when I'm not home. Body gaurd for the kids. Someone who can watch my back when we go outside. Leftovers disposal when I'm not as hungry as I thought... But due to some family members raising dogs to sell, and other friends and family having dogs that were poorly trained, with nasty homes because of them, I've been very turned off to the idea. My wife is a huge animal lover and dying to have a doggy. I'd love to make her smile. But we live in an apartment so there's the extra expenses and such that go along... I've literally thrown up many times because peoples houses smelled so bad from not caring for and cleaning up after their dogs properly. It's just disgusting...
Yet I kind of even want one just because it'd make my wife happy, but you can only step in poo so many times before you begin to associate dogs and shear nasty.

Yet again, I ramble...
I guess I just see alot of dog lovers here and kinda need input. Feel free to comment if you have any advice.

Back to the op...
When I take my kids and/or wife out for walks I'm always (legally) armed. I usually carry either my G22 or a revolver for any sort of aggressive threats that may materialize. I'm thankful that I've had no need to use them. I hope I never need them. I don't want to hurt anyone.
Dogs do require some work.
Unfortunately most people don't appear to understand you do have to work with a dog.

Alpha mentality is important, Alpha does not mean hitting your dog .
It simply means training your dog appropriately.

Dogs are not gross, the people you associate with just don't care for them appropriately.
Daily walks and poop duty.
Hope that is helpful.

For the op:
26KgR6o.jpg

Edc for the day is dog day carry.

Dogs do require some work.
Unfortunately most people don't appear to understand you do have to work with a dog.

Alpha mentality is important, Alpha does not mean hitting your dog .
It simply means training your dog appropriately.

Dogs are not gross, the people you associate with just don't care for them appropriately.
Daily walks and poop duty.
Hope that is helpful.
All this is true. With a little effort, your dog will be a loving and obedient pet.

Yet again, I ramble...

Back to the op...
dogs are one of the best things to have in life as said by others if you put effort in training and you need a good set of rules everyone in your house needs to be involved there not cheap to feed if there big
German shepherd Kaos my dog lives with two highly disabled people my wife and father in law mobilaty carnt walk un aided or wheel chairs out the house and hes taught him self to a good point to help them out with stuff round the house he's very good and dose commands from them even tho if he wanted to he could over power them easy and do what he wanted to if he chose too but he's amazing with them and he is a guard dog my pet but he went and taught him self to be a helper dog to the labaurdors job Roxy but she's to lazy compaired to Kaos
as said you need to look for a breed that fits in with your life style and family and learn as much as you can about the breed and what you want out of the dog and what your family wants out of the dog me living with disable family and me being very outdoors and active I wanted a dog the would do all outdoors stuff with me and also a guard dog to defend my family who carnt run away when I'm not in so German shepherd fits the bill or a Japanese aketa cain Corso rotwillers I pick what I thought was best but I grew up with German shepherd and hes not my first and won't be my last but dogs are a big commitment so everyone has to know it's not a phase it long tearm the dogs don't ask you to buy them or pick them so look after them

Thank you guys very much for the replies to my comment, and I agree with most of what was said. Particularly the part about having been around people who offered very poor examples as per the value and care of an animal.
It seems like there's a lot of wisdom presented here. I haven't been swayed to get a dog as of yet. However, I think I will take some of the advice propounded and begin doing some research on different breeds and training methods.
Admittedly, I do lack knowledge of these subjects, and perhaps therein lies the problem.

Last edited:
Another note on pepper spray.
Even if you think it’s unlikely you’d ever use it, it could be a lifesaver in court if you ever had to use deadly force. Having the option of a lower force level allows you to articulate that you had the option but that it wasn’t reasonable for XYZ reasons... If aren’t carrying any, you don’t have that powerful piece of defense...
EXACTLY - it gives you another layer of plausible deniability.

Car full of muggers, seriously? If I were you, I'd move.
I was responding to a post in which an assault on a couple by a "car full of muggers".
AFA the plausibility of that happening, neighborhood has less and less to do with it. Public transportation and stolen vehicles keep the bad guys pretty mobile.

Typically its a setup similar to this. Snakes, coyotes, and generic being out in the woods with the pups keeps us all on our toes.

6530f2541081b6b7def9ee7a61c134d814008b66.jpg

The below are my two feral dogs, we "adopted" them, and slowly but steadily they have adopted us in return and joined our larger pack.

My wife wanted to get them DNA tested, and they ended up 3/4 GSD, and 1/4 Border Collie. Smart pups and boundless energy. They are walked using the quads, and they race along at 30mph without any trouble. They enjoy eating veggies, birds, snakes, toads, frogs, lizards, rabbits, ducks, and fish. They wade into ponds and wait in the reeds, then grab aquatic snacks.

7c1b1f8a691d8749a43279ab34dfdb84d19fcfdb.jpg

Back