What’s a fair price TGLB?

gamma_nyc

Gold Member
i read the Busse forum rules and didn’t see anything banning this sort of question...

So what’s a fair price for a Busse TGLB in comp finish that has not been used? I’m not gonna say if I’m buying or selling, just curious what the consensus is on price range.

Thanks

i read the Busse forum rules and didn’t see anything banning this sort of question...

So what’s a fair price for a Busse TGLB in comp finish that has not been used? I’m not gonna say if I’m buying or selling, just curious what the consensus is on price range.

Thanks

Unpaid members may not ask about prices for any reason. That's a BladeForums rule. ;)

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

SECTION 5 - Miscellaneous -
WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!

In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site.

Unpaid members may not ask about prices for any reason. That's a BladeForums rule. ;)

Did not realize. Apologies. I just paid to be a gold member.

Now that this is out of the way. What’s a fair price range to pay for a tglb in comp finish?

Seems to have dropped quite a bit over the past 6 months or so. Last year it was not uncommon to see them being bought for around $800-$900 mint, if a nice sheath was included. I don’t recall having noticed any mint comp. finish TGLBs selling lately, but the coated versions seem to be going for an average of around $500-$550 around here from what I can tell, whereas they used to sell for something like $600-$700, oftentimes in just a matter of minutes.

Seems to have dropped quite a bit over the past 6 months or so. Last year it was not uncommon to see them being bought for around $800-$900 mint, if a nice sheath was included. I don’t recall having noticed any mint comp. finish TGLBs selling lately, but the coated versions seem to be going for an average of around $500-$550 around here from what I can tell, whereas they used to sell for something like $600-$700, oftentimes in just a matter of minutes.
This. If there was ever a time to buy a TGLB, this would be the time to do it. I can't imagine them coming down much more than what they are actually selling for right now.

I would not sell any of my TGLB's for less than 700.00 with a sheath 645.00 without (unless it is a Zombie skin sheath :) )
comp finish would be 50.00 to 100.00 more I think but that is me.

sounds like 600.00 would be a quick sale

Same here. I've had one listed at about that for a while. I'll hang on to it before I let it go for less.

Yep, Apocryphiliac is all over it number wise. I've seen in the last year a NIB no less than 8-9 but have in last few months seen 4s and 5s. There's been some great deals here and there but it mostly revolves around timing. You have to be first and fast on those real deals.
I think there's been a lot of coin dropped during this O2W, I know I sure have and my pile is more like a few empty peanut shells compared to most LOL! I'll be honest, since I got the Forsaken gemini by desire for one has fallen to about zero with the exception of 1 particular flavor which resides in ones collection who shall remain nameless LOL!
After a spin around this place I can say, it goes up and it goes down and goes back up again. When I started hanging out before O2W started? much stronger used market for sure. So if we get some kind of end date on this one, I see it going back up.

good call :thumbsup: ... because you'll regret it the minute you decide you need to jump back on the TGLB bus ... happened to me. :(
Oh I'll never step off the TGLB bus. My first one will never leave. I had plans to strip the other one but I chickened out after thinking about the possibility of ruining the black paper handles with my bead blaster.

It's definitely a good time to be a Busse buyer, prices are low. TGLB's are fantastic knives, but with the BGTG's, TGA2's, the DS8's (ResC but similar blade), the Gemini market is flooded. I don't see that changing any time soon, but I'm hoping that's a good thing, it may encourage people to actually use their Busse's instead of just looking at them and taking pictures of them. These knives are great users!

I have a mint Black and tan comp walking dead version with Leatherman sheath autographed by Jerry. If I was to ever sell it I would not let it go for less than 1400.00. Basing that on what I have seen a couple of these sell for with a not as nice sheath.

I just saw an unused black blade/ black G10 with sheath sell on ebay for $475 I would have bid but I already have 2. Now is a bad time to sell the TGLB since the Forsaken Geminis are shipping and the forums and auction sites will be flooded.
Personally I like the TGLB better than the forsaken since it does not have the CBT so I will just be holding onto mine. If I wanted to sell them I would probably wait a year or so for all of the extra forsaken models to sell.

Some are not for sale , but I think we need some photo anyways.
QSdXwsj.jpg

Did Busse make one with a convex edge. I wouldn't mind getting one if so, a TG or TGLB.

Back