What’s next after the 23

A #66 frame? I'm excited.
A Clip Point? I'm super excited.
And a large Sheepsfoot? All the excitement just left the building.

The criptic word we got from Randy was that they were working on something "outside the box" and he was waiting for half of us to be happy and half to complain.

So basically I have no idea. Sowbelly stockman would be nice though.
"outside the box" - Maybe Hobo knife. That's outside the box for sure.

Don't matter since I could never afford one, but the 36(?) or 46(?) Whaler.
I have no idea what they'll make next, however, I'm pretty sure it won't be a whaler, or a second run of Charlie's @waynorth's 4 blade Texas Camp/Scout knife.
Charlie's Texas Camp knife SFO was my my first or second GEC ever bought.I say that because I ordered a GEC #6 Pemberton in cherry red at the same time as my #98 Texas Camp knife and I can't remember for the life of me witch Dealer reached me first lol. It was only once I had both knives that I realized what a huge difference in size they were lol.

How about a 54 cattle knife? They did a few 4 blades way back in the day.

A GEC version of the Northwoods Norfolk would be neat too. I believe GEC made them but to my knowledge they were never run as a GEC pattern.

I don’t necessarily want a large sheepsfoot. Just something sturdy. I don’t love the sheepsfoot on my 29. It’s a little too long for my liking.
A #66 frame? I'm excited.
A Clip Point? I'm super excited.
And a large Sheepsfoot? All the excitement just left the building.

I don’t necessarily want a large sheepsfoot. Just something sturdy. I don’t love the sheepsfoot on my 29. It’s a little too long for my liking.
I have developed a disliking of all multi-bladed knives with a Sheepsfoot blade. They are too uncomfortable to use when it's not the Sheepsfoot that your using. And yes, all my Stockman knives have ended up in my "non-users" box. Too many other great choices out there to have to put up with something that bothers me. Although, I do still like Sheepsfoot single blade knives.

A GEC version of the Northwoods Norfolk would be neat too. I believe GEC made them but to my knowledge they were never run as a GEC pattern.

I thought the Northwoods Norfolks were made by Queen.
Oh yeah, I’d really love to see Tidioute & Northfield versions of the Northwoods Norfolk. That is a really good idea. It is the only GEC pattern I know of that doesn’t have a GEC version.

The Northwoods Norfolk And Norfolk Whittler were made by GEC. You can see it on their 2013 & 2014 Production Totals as pattern #31.

At 3.25 inches closed it is a small pattern though. I don’t think we have ever had a BF knife under 3.5 inches closed. Here is one next to a 06 Pemberton.
RXFj0ph.jpg

Last edited:
GEC needs to bring out their own Barlow pattern too.
I'd like to see them do a budget Farm and Field version. :cool::thumbsup:

My Farm & Field Pocket Carver arrived today I just love it. This is my 4th F&F brand knife and they’ve all been fantastic. I’d love to see them make a real user style blade on a smaller 15 type pattern.

I have developed a disliking of all multi-bladed knives with a Sheepsfoot blade. They are too uncomfortable to use when it's not the Sheepsfoot that your using. And yes, all my Stockman knives have ended up in my "non-users" box. Too many other great choices out there to have to put up with something that bothers me. Although, I do still like Sheepsfoot single blade knives.
I am sorry to hear that John . I think that if you ever used this old Taylors Eye Witness , that has the main blade as a Sheepsfoot , you would change your mind .

Harry

Question for all you learned pocket knife scientists. What would one call a knife on the 66 frame with clip blade and a large sheepsfoot?

I thought the Northwoods Norfolks were made by Queen.

Oh yeah, I’d really love to see Tidioute & Northfield versions of the Northwoods Norfolk. That is a really good idea. It is the only GEC pattern I know of that doesn’t have a GEC version.

The Northwoods Norfolk And Norfolk Whittler were made by GEC. You can see it on their 2013 & 2014 Production Totals as pattern #31.

At 3.25 inches closed it is a small pattern though. I don’t think we have ever had a BF knife under 3.5 inches closed. Here is one next to a 06 Pemberton.
RXFj0ph.jpg

Trav, thanks for the correction! GEC really does need to bring out their own versions, it's a nice pattern.
Northwoods/knives ship free actually owns the pattern and dies, it’s more than just an sfo with their name on it, it’s actually their knife.

I
Northwoods/knives ship free actually owns the pattern and dies, it’s more than just an sfo with their name on it, it’s actually their knife.

I think Northwoods is every bit a GEC designed and manufactured knife.... I'd wager KSF paid a one time tooling charge for unique embossing and punch dies ..... GEC's obligation would be to maintain the tooling for use when KSF places an order.... I think GEC controls the intellectual property with little input from KSF other than handle material requests....

Back