What’s you favorite CPK, why?

gunslinger387

Gold Member
Basic Member
ill be honest. I’m torn. I have a few and I totally dig them all. The BC is massive and fun. The FK2 I carry in a bag that I have at work. The EDC2 I carry practically all the time and I even scored an EDC that I haven’t completely warmed up to.

All in all even though it doesn’t get the most use. My favorite is the HDFK. It’s a chunk of sharp steel. It can chop and feather stick and everything in between. Of all of them it has the best grip.

This might all change when I finally get my UF......

Looking at my post I realize I am a bit of an addict.

The integral daggers, no explanation needed;) (even though I'll probably never own one:(). But if I'm picking one I actually own...my D2 HDFK for all the reasons you've mentioned. It's a great all-rounder and the handle is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Hard choice for sure ... I really like my EDC2s as one kept me from getting several more stitches shortly after I got it ... and is with me most days ...

but the HDFK feels like it was built and molded for my hand ... and it's in that size range it does most everything well ... it would probably be my choice if I had to pick only one ...

and now that I have a MC ... it is a big knife that has countless uses and it is designed so well you can even do tasks usually reserved for much smaller blades ...

and the FK2 ... field dressed 2 deer and broke them down and a few passes on a ceramic hone rod ... and you couldn't tell it had been used ...

oh did you ask for only one? ... sorry that's the best I can do ... :rolleyes:

Another nod for the HDFK.

The reason for me is simple, if I had to only pick one from the bevy of the CPKs which I possess and bolt outta house, I’d choose the HDFK because of it’s all around ability. The fact that it’s so darn b*tching looking doesn’t hurt it either ;)

Another nod for the HDFK.

The reason for me is simple, if I had to only pick one from the bevy of the CPKs which I possess and bolt outta house, I’d choose the HDFK because of it’s all around ability. The fact that it’s so darn b*tching looking doesn’t hurt it either ;)
That's why it's the one that lives on the bag o'doom...but it does have a D2 EDC piggybacked with it ;)

I only own the HDFK and an MC so it’s a tough choice between two great blades that really isn’t a tough choice, if that makes any sense.
HDFK hands down. I haven’t found a flaw in it while doing any task yet and I really enjoy using it. If possible I’d enlarge the proportions of the grip 5-10% equally in diameter for my XL mitts but that’s only nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.
After getting the HDFK I sold every other field knife I had besides a pair of CRK Nyala’s.
Eventually I’ll pick up another HDFK so my boys won’t have to fight over it when I’m gone.

HDFK. Though it is the only CPK I have owned, it’s so good that I don't even carry any of my other fixed blades any more (Matsuda Betsu Kamui, CRK Nyala, White River Caper, couple Benchmades...) so good that I’ve so far passed on an FK2 as I can’t convince myself I need any other knife on my belt—the handle is phenomenal, and the blade can do it all...though the DEK1 looks to be an itch I am gonna scratch :D

I don't have a favorite because I like the ones I have equally. They each serve a purpose. The one I carry the most is a HDFK.
I've held out on the UF simply because it won't really serve a purpose for my chores. Just saw one in the green terotuff and it's got me rethinking I just might need one. :oops:

My FK2 has tremendous sentimental value, it would be the last knife I owned if I had to get rid of all my knives but one.

Sentiment aside, I haven't had a chance to use it nearly as much as the HDFK (NASK!) which I absolutely love but I think it'll take over for my top slot as a user also. It has similar handle ergonomics to the HDFK in a smaller, lighter package.

The UF is pretty dang comfy too, the 'Utility' part of its name can't be overlooked.

My top 3.
KXV7aBg.jpg

For break'em-smash pachooey-chomp fun time though I don't know how you could beat the BC. Seems the CPK crew has some ideas on that coming up though lol. :thumbsup:

My most used CPK is my EDC2. It would certainly be the most missed in my daily life. Which tempts me to say it’s my favorite. There’s no aspect of this knife that I would change.
My FK2 is fairly new to me. I have had little time to actually use it. Like Grog said, it’s ergo’s are phenomenal. A year from now, after some actual use, I’m sure it’ll be a contender.
I love my choppers. I have a BC and just received my HDMC. I’ve used the BC extensively for yard clean up and breaking down fallen limbs. This knife is a blast to use. I imagine the HDMC will be as well.

In the end, I’m in the same camp as a lot of the others here. My favorite would have to be the HDFK. It’s just so damn versatile and comfortable.
It’s funny because for any given task there is a different CPK model that would do it better. The HDFK is the one that can do just about anything.

Last edited:
the HDFK is my favourite because I made Nate work so damn hard on the handle:mad::D). My modelling at that time was not that great, particularly with that knife. To be honest, the 3D modelling on my part was rushed. To me, it's our most successful collaborative piece in terms of meeting all the design requirements to a T, where Nate had to translate my intentions for the handle shaping and nailed it. It's seamless, and a great example of where design meets manufacturing in the most successful way

Since the HDFK, I've significantly improved my handle modelling game, (which HDFK's big brother will demonstrate should that project go forward) and I think and/or hope you'll appreciate the results with the intro of DEK1

the HDFK is my favourite because I made Nate work so damn hard on the handle:mad::D). My modelling at that time was not that great, particularly with that knife. To be honest, the 3D modelling on my part was rushed. To me, it's our most successful collaborative piece in terms of meeting all the design requirements to a T, where Nate had to translate my intentions for the handle shaping and nailed it. It's seamless, and a great example of where design meets manufacturing in the most successful way

Since the HDFK, I've significantly improved my handle modelling game, (which HDFK's big brother will demonstrate should that project go forward) and I think and/or hope you'll appreciate the results with the intro of DEK1
I thought I had the big brother when I bought the MC!
I’m very interested to see what you two have come up with !

Back