What’s your go-to dog walking carry? Let’s see some pics!

Hyesouljah

Gold Member
fh1tsOC.jpg
Lg3XLSK.jpg
What’s your go-to knife for walking the dog? This Spyderco Matriarch 2 is my official carry when walking the puppers. I’m usually carrying a o-light warrior mini as well if it’s at night.

What’s in your pocket?

Hmmm. I just bring along whatever’s been in my pocket for the day.

It seems, however, that your Matriarch may be the perfect knife in the event unfriendly K9’s take an interest in your pooch (or the human on the end of the leash).

I may have an excuse for another Spyderco. 😉

Hmmm. I just bring along whatever’s been in my pocket for the day.

It seems, however, that your Matriarch may be the perfect knife in the event unfriendly K9’s take an interest in your pooch (or the human on the end of the leash).

I may have an excuse for another Spyderco. 😉
To be honest I would usually just carry my Spyderco PM2, it’s light and god forbid in the event I had to use it I’d rather it be that knife instead of one of my more expensive ones. After a recent mugging in my neighborhood I made the decision I need a more tactical blade for walking the dog, something with serrations that would be perfect for slashing and after some research I decided on the Matriarch 2 and was lucky enough to win one in very good condition off eBay. Absolutely love this knife. Deploys sooo fast out the pocket. I think a nice lanyard will help with ease of deployment.

Very much looking forward to to some pics of that! Lolll. Wish I can carry something like that in California

There is a another thread here in the General section about said cane. I'm proud to say I got the joke.

We lost our dog last year but I volunteer to walk our neighbors dog most days. Good exercise for me and him. Double win. I also just tend to carry whatever I have on me. It rained today so no walk, but it would have been a S30V Endura.

I do sometimes carry my XL Espada , along with a firearm and a walking stick .

Not quite a folding katana , but pretty close .

But that's on my own property , hiking with my dog through the woods . Very rural area , Midwest USA .

There is a another thread here in the General section about said cane. I'm proud to say I got the joke.

We lost our dog last year but I volunteer to walk our neighbors dog most days. Good exercise for me and him. Double win. I also just tend to carry whatever I have on me. It rained today so no walk, but it would have been a S30V Endura.
Sorry for your loss. That’s awesome and I agree, some days it’s the only exercise I get! The Endura is a great choice 👍

Your dog is like stop showing off and keep moving 😆
She is wondering what s going on.

On my daily dog walks, I usually carry whatever I have been using that day. My biggest in my edc rotation is a Recon1. I also have a pepper spray in my pocket (for whatever that s worth). Our walk is through a pretty safe neighborhood, but a 170 pound shepherd mix behind an invisible fence does get my dog s and my attention when she s outside.

I hate to inject some serious in a basically fun thread, but I had to confront an issue of that kind when I walked my sister's dog (a totally harmless but a bit disturbed Australian shepherd). I was way out in the woods (but on a path, silly...) and we met three free roaming big aggressive dogs while the two broads (the owners) quietly chatted and smoked far away. Situational awareness oblige, the three rowdies knew they had the overhand and started to gnash the poor pooch which didn't even understand what was raining on him. I hit with great anger on the rogues with my walking cane (fortunately, I had the cane that day because of my sometimes hurting hip), and this, but only this, woke up the broads which came up yelling like "leave my dogs alone". In this situation, I totally recommend a cattle prod. Forget any knife. Prod the dogs first, then prod the broads, they deserve it.

Hyesouljah Hyesouljah You have a lovely dog !​

Last edited:
Back