What’s Your Most Wanted Out of Production Becker?

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Easy question; what’s your most wanted out of production Becker blade?

Me, I’m on the hunt for a Brute, a Patrol Machete, and a BK24 D’Eskabar.

Secondary, I’d like a BK20 (if the price was right, as I have a BK29) and a san Mai BK11.

What about you?

I missed the BK15 before it was discontinued.

It looks like such a sensible camp/hunting/food knife. I REALLY like the 16, so I can imagine how good the 15 must be.

I’ve been buying quite a few knives lately. So for now I’m building up the knife funding account before making many more purchases. I do plan to be ready in the future to maybe snag one on the exchange.

The crazed knife addicted lunatic part of me wants ALL the Becker discontinued models!

I've said many times the BK15 and the BK5 are my most used most versatile Beckers luckily I bought up a few of each when I heard they were being discontinued ...

I think the BK6 might top the list for models I missed out on completely ... a few threads made me wish I could have gotten ahold of one. The BK17 is another that was underated I think.

I'd like the BK5 back, because I need another for a gift for a friend, but missed out on it while saving up for a BK29, which I missed by one day lol. Luckily, that money allowed me to snag a BK98.

If the BK29 came back, I'd probably try and snag one. Of course I love the King, but picking up my Holy Becker Emperor, the BK20, makes me stark pounding my chest. So I'd really like to see how the BK29 compares.

I missed the BK15 and think it would be amazing based upon my experience with the BK16, 98, and 5. Plus, I'd want 2 extras for the friends I want to give the BK5s to.

I'd definitely snag a BK24. The BK14 is one of my favorites, especially with TKC scales. I edc one on my belt and have 2 setup as neck knives. Luckily, my fingers are long and skinny so the short grip works for me.

Yes, an original BK4 Machax. The thinner one just seems to be begging for more nose weight. I think that would make a huge difference.

Finally, I think, a BK6 Patrol Machete, because... it's a freaking Patrol Machete! Just look at those things!

The BK17 and BK6 patrol are 2 I'm interested in. I think the BK20 and BK29 would be really nice to have too but the bk17 is one I could see using the most of all of them. Bk62 might change all of that.

I was unaware the original machax had a different weight distribution. The bk4 from kabar really needs a little more weight in the front. I've consdiered what mods I could do to add some weight. I have consider trying to melt some lead onto it or something, just not sure if it would stay on there.

The bk4 from kabar really needs a little more weight in the front. I've consdiered what mods I could do to add some weight. I have consider trying to melt some lead onto it or something, just not sure if it would stay on there.
Drill and tap some holes for brass (or lead) plugs. People that prefer the front end a little lighter can remove them; while people that appreciate the extra power can leave them in place. Genius...or lunacy?

(I know the plugs would get in the way; but I couldn't resist)

Drill and tap some holes for brass (or lead) plugs. People that prefer the front end a little lighter can remove them; while people that appreciate the extra power can leave them in place. Genius...or lunacy?

(I know the plugs would get in the way; but I couldn't resist)

I initially thought about drilling and melting in lead plugs because of how easy that would be. I hadn't even considered tapping it... though I wonder how fun tapping a hardened blade would be. I was also worried about weakening the blade though I have to think the weak point would be in the shallower area between the handle and the recurve, though the knife certain takes a beating just fine.

I think there is a knife design out there that does a similar thing for under the handle scales to move it to more weight forward or balanced for a fighter feel. I think moving to the tip area would be more interesting as it would experience more shock.

Now you've got me thinking how to doctor up the BK4 to my personal preferences and local situation as I find myself working on a lot of dead hardwood that is tough to chop without weight so I find myself grabbing bigger knives paired with a saw for limbing purposes (tight quarters so working in the brush so having a few options can make things nice). The BK4 chews up the green stuff really well though for general trail maintenance purposes and since I cover a lot of ground the lightness of it has benefits in that situation. Pruners and the BK4 handles most anything but the dry deadfall mentioned.

Now we're a bit off topic.

I think there is a knife design out there that does a similar thing for under the handle scales to move it to more weight forward or balanced for a fighter feel. I think moving to the tip area would be more interesting as it would experience more shock.
That other knife you're thinking of is the RSK Mk2 Perseverance - fondly known as the BK12 (which was to be its designation under Camillus). That's what my previous tongue in cheek post was referencing.
As far as experimenting in that way, remember that the BK4 is discontinued & not as easy to replace if messed up - practice on a cheap machete, then maybe a golok or parang.

Currently it's the BK62.....I hope I hear something this week! Not sure if I want two of them? Maybe I'll order from somewhere else if Tomars doesn't pan out, and cancel that "order"? They took my money, to me that means I should be getting one...... lol Not six months from now. :D

But to the original question..... I missed out on All the Great ones......
*Had issues purchasing a BK4 :( screwed over/didn't get it.
Found a "fair priced" used BK5....... which actually I'm thankful for.
*would like a BK15
*and would love some weight..... So the BK20 sounds fun!

*and of course that mythical 10-12" bladed BK2 would put a smile on my face for sure!

To the original question...I don't know.
Never bothered with the BK3 - maybe a Cam version for the collection.
Didn't see much point in the 29, since I have the 20, and I still feel the same about it.

Maybe a Cam BK7 (assuming new condition). Alternatively, maybe an early magnum camp or machax. (I could have had the magnum camp; but I didn't grab it)

I'd like to have another BK-15. I didn't bite when the BK-20 was first available as I have a number of similar blades already. But I still would like to own one. The BK-5 was always viewed by me as too large for regular use and I didn't buy one. I guess I would pick one up if I saw a good price.

I have a BK-24 I would let go for if someone wanted it. I prefer the BK-14 as it is easier to sharpen.

I would like to have a BK6 Patrol Machete and original BK4 Machax. I would also love to find another Blackjack era BK1 Brute. I have one that I love but doesn't get a lot of use because I don't think I will ever be able to replace it. I have two Camillus Brutes that tend to get used often...

Back